PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-01-2023, 02:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
So far everything seems fine.
Little by little a special model comes out from under your hand.

There are only color differences on the left wing, between the base of the wing and the continuation of the wing... on the right side it is the same color.

YOAV
Old 03-01-2023, 06:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
I'm only done with mine because my model was older and less detailed than yours. I wasn't trying to beat you to the finish line, for sure.

I am enjoying your progress in this much more challenging build and am appropriately impressed by your efforts.

Great job.

Greg
Old 03-01-2023, 07:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOAVHOZMI View Post
So far everything seems fine.
Little by little a special model comes out from under your hand.

There are only color differences on the left wing, between the base of the wing and the continuation of the wing... on the right side it is the same color.

YOAV
That is what I noted and commented earlier. The left outer wing has a different shade of brown.

I am not surprised as I found older kits pages printed sometimes had a variation based on the print shop ink supply or when the pages were printed and collated.

Isaac
Old 03-01-2023, 12:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
That one is coming together very nicely Dan. Indeed, sometimes there are things written in the building instructions that you don't find on the drawings. And this is were Google Translate comes in very handy. I recently discovered that the app version has a picture option: You take a picture of what you want to have translated and then the app automatically in second or so provides the translation as an overlay. In this way even the long-winded Halinski "opis budowy" becomes a piece of cake. But it also helps, as part of the pre-build check (that's what I call it for myself), to tick off all parts that make up a model, list them in excel or something and locate them one by one in the instruction drawings. Sometimes a lot of work but it minimizes the risk of forgetting something. In any case, the unexpected still happens, no guarantees .

Keep up the great work!

Erik
Old 03-02-2023, 12:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 865.44 MB
Thanks, Everybody!

Erik (The Master...): My wife downloaded that on her phone and she was helping me read the instructions. Still pretty foggy even with a translation. I've never had to resort to that tactic as the intuitive nature of things and excellent drawings have really helped. Anyway...keep plugging along.

I got the elevators and rudder added. Next will be the ailerons and then I'll probably try that fillet. Wish me luck!

Dan
Attached Thumbnails
PZL-23B "Karas" Maly Modelarz 1/33rd Scale-p1020925.jpg   PZL-23B "Karas" Maly Modelarz 1/33rd Scale-p1020926.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 03-02-2023, 06:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Love those separate control surfaces. Especially older prop planes.

Isaac
Old 03-03-2023, 11:01 PM

I agree, Isaac. They do make it more realistic. And you know you are correct...this may make a nice flying model. The proportions aren't too bad. Plenty of dihedral and wing area. Maybe enlarge the tails a bit but build light enough, I think you'd have a winner.

I got some more done including adding the ailerons, aileron control shrouds, aileron trim tabs and the dreaded fillets. One side is better than the other, but I'm amazed at how well they fit. Quite pleased considering how I thought they'd turn out.

Onward and upward!

Dan
Attached Thumbnails
PZL-23B "Karas" Maly Modelarz 1/33rd Scale-p1020928.jpg   PZL-23B "Karas" Maly Modelarz 1/33rd Scale-p1020927.jpg  
Old 03-04-2023, 09:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Looks nice and smooth Dan. Especially the narrow front top section of the rear gunner. I imagine that it was tricky to wrap around the former.
Old 03-04-2023, 09:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Dan - Your comment about enlarging the tail to make a flying model got me thinking that Walt Mooney or Pres Bruning might have produced such a model. No joy on Walt Mooney so far, but Pres did design a walnut scale PZL-23A: chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/http://flyingacesclub.com/PLANS/Bruning/PZL_23a.pdf His plan shows the same No. 55 Light Bomber Squadron insignia as your model.

For other Pres Bruning plans: Plans – Page 2 – Bruning – the Flying Aces Club

Don
Old 03-04-2023, 05:18 PM

Thanks Bob and Don!

Thanks, Don...I thought Pres had made one. I'll take a look. I'd love to make a flying model of this one. Close the loop as with your B-17 thread!

Dan
Google Adsense