PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-01-2023, 02:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Here are some pics of the cockpit. Simple but nice enough and not so much will be seen anyway when the fuselage is closed. The only detailing performed I punched the holes in the seatbelts.

Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
Shvetsov M-11 radial engine-7-seat.jpg   Shvetsov M-11 radial engine-8-front-instrument-panel.jpg   Shvetsov M-11 radial engine-9-ready-close.jpg   Shvetsov M-11 radial engine-10-hidden-away.jpg   Shvetsov M-11 radial engine-11.jpg  

Old 03-01-2023, 04:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 134.16 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapcho View Post
Thanks Siwi. Jumo 213 to with your Ju-88 G6? The only visible details you'll end up doing are the engine supports and cowling struts not much else to see behind those but a big block so no worries. Couple of pics attached to make my point.

Tappi

That's actually rather good as I can go to a greater or lesser level of detail and still have the supports in the foreground. I am going to keep the front radiator housing as seen in these pictures. The 213 is a simpler shape overall than some engines, although the supercharger is still a donut shape and it will be neccessary to make the exhaust stubs. I must thank you for those pictures as I did not previously know what was the equipment used for removing an engine in the field.
Old 03-01-2023, 06:15 AM

These are today's achievements. I skinned the fuselage. A very first for me in paper modeling. Boy did I have thrilling moments doing this. A lot of hesitation and dry fitting, little less trimming. I pondered alot what would be the right order of things to do and here are the results. Now my engine can sit in its place in front of an actual airframe.

I guess I'm building this kit now just to see what I can make with it. But believe me I'm sailing in uncharted waters here. I'd like to do this on a stealth mode here in this thread if it's ok? If I crashland few will notice, if the result is acceptable I'll produce a separate gallery. :-)

Tappi

PS Siwi, I'm glad those pics turrned out to be handy.
Attached Thumbnails
Shvetsov M-11 radial engine-12.jpg   Shvetsov M-11 radial engine-13.jpg   Shvetsov M-11 radial engine-14.jpg   Shvetsov M-11 radial engine-15.jpg   Shvetsov M-11 radial engine-16.jpg  

Old 03-01-2023, 06:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 55.56 MB
If the rest of your build continues as well as it has up to now, success will be assured!
Looking great.
Old 03-01-2023, 02:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
Beautiful...very beautiful.
Keep up your wonderful work.

YOAV
Google Adsense
Old 03-02-2023, 12:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
You do superb work, Tappi!

Don
Old 03-02-2023, 03:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Why do you keep taking my breath away?
Old 03-03-2023, 09:21 AM

Bluenoser, Yoav and Don, many thanks for encouraging comments though I must say I paddle though dire straits with this. And I have a history of messing things up despite a promising start. But we'll see what happens.

Philip, please don't hold your breath, I'm far from done. As a matter of fact I ran into trouble today, but more of that a little later.

Today's work was done around the tail parts. Stabilizers, rudder and elevators and such. I will assemble all major parts first and consider assembly only after that. Next the wings and all kinds of struts.

Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
Shvetsov M-11 radial engine-17-tail-feathers.jpg  
Old 03-03-2023, 09:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
What a wonderful build of this engine! It's really big fun to build such an engine, with all the extra details as enhancement. The most difficult part is where to stop with adding all these...
You might want to consider to build Alin's Merlin, which can be downloaded from this site. I believe it is meant as add-on to a Halinski Spitfire Mk V, scale 1:33.

Regards,
Erik
Old 03-04-2023, 08:52 AM

Thanks Erik! I have all Alin's engine models and I'm definitely going to build them. Great kits they are and all of them depict famous engines too.

Tappi
Google Adsense