PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-16-2023, 11:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 134.16 MB
MiG-29 Fulcrum Ukrainian digital, 1/72

Presenting my build of Brent's Fulcrum in Ukrainian digital colours. The MiG-29 is one of the most beautiful aircraft ever and this camo scheme really flatters it. Some people have described this particular aircraft, '69' as being the mythical 'Ghost of Kyiv' however all the reditions of that have the Ukrainian arms on the aircraft's upper back, which this kit does not. Brent rearranged the parts and rescaled this up to 1/72, as I had to print slightly reduced to allow print margins the actual scale is slightly less than that.

The model came together quickly and is largely 'out of the box', however I did make internal glue tabs, cut and fold the upper air intakes, added the cannon, pitot tube, cut around the wing control surfaces and scored and used a metal marker on the engine exhausts which also had extra layers for strength. The canopy is an internal layer which has several layers of gloss varnish diluted to get a smooth flush surface. Still need to experiment with that technique.

Almost everything goes together extremely well and is obvious how to assemble. The only parts I had to check were the exhausts (black ring goes inside) and where to fold the missile pylons. I really need to buy Gerry's recent Fulcrum packs in order to get some correct ordinance and also because I want more of these on my shelf.

Google Adsense
Old 04-24-2023, 01:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 GB
Very nice model. Thank you for the pictures.