PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 06-07-2023, 05:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
I think it was a case of using whatever engines were available because German manufacturing was stretched to produce enough engines for their front line aircraft. The French Gnome-Rhone 14N produced quite respectable power at 1100 hp but the Me 323 was so massive that even with 6 of them it still (as you said) needed rocket assist at maximum takeoff weight.

That's an amazing build - I guess the Me 323 is to aircraft modellers as the Lebedenko tank is to armour modellers. To misquote a French general - "C'est magnifique mais ce n'est pas sensé"

Charlie
Old 06-07-2023, 08:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I have a hard time with large models, but yours always come out so crisp and clean. Thanks for letting us have a peek
Old 06-08-2023, 03:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieC View Post
I think it was a case of using whatever engines were available because German manufacturing was stretched to produce enough engines for their front line aircraft. The French Gnome-Rhone 14N produced quite respectable power at 1100 hp but the Me 323 was so massive that even with 6 of them it still (as you said) needed rocket assist at maximum takeoff weight.

That's an amazing build - I guess the Me 323 is to aircraft modellers as the Lebedenko tank is to armour modellers. To misquote a French general - "C'est magnifique mais ce n'est pas sensé"

Charlie

That's one factor, another was that in the dysfunctional dog-eat-dog world of Nazi Germany there was a lot of short-sighted heirachy in what equipment and technologies could be used for what. A powerful 'prestige' engine had to be reserved for a flashy new fighter or transatlantic bomber or whatever wunderwaffe an underling could wave in front of the Fuhrer in order to climb the greasy pole of internal politics.

Whatever, this is an impressive build and look forward to seeing it being towed behind the Heinkel 111Z. I'd not be able to consider making one in anything larger that 1/144.
Old 06-08-2023, 05:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Impressive build!! I too have one of these stashed unbuilt, and even if I opt for removable wings, it'll be a big beast, so it's benched until I can engineer some space - or a hangar...
Old 07-11-2023, 02:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.93 MB
Now the Me 323 Gigant has found its place under the ceiling of my study.
From the mighty size it "crushes" purely visually the other models that hang nearby.
It was not so easy to hang it there.
Once it even fell from a height of about 40 cm and hit the floor without causing any major damage.
No, I will not build the Wehrmacht truck. Already with the chassis I had to pass because of the
because of the small components.

Greetings

Adolf Pirling
Attached Thumbnails
Me 323 D2 GPM 1:33  "Gigant"-me-323-adolf-185-web.jpg   Me 323 D2 GPM 1:33  "Gigant"-me-323-adolf-187-web.jpg   Me 323 D2 GPM 1:33  "Gigant"-me-323-adolf-186-web.jpg  
Google Adsense