PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 01-22-2024, 08:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thank you very much, friends

@Mariusz – the lack of seat belts is rather surprising! Regarding the kit, I have just visited the GPM site and it is available again, including the canopy. The Eurofighter is also available. When I bought the A-10, the EF-2000 was out of print, much to my regret. In the meantime, I went shopping to Answer and my “plane production” for 2024 should be for their kits.
@YOAV – both wings are far from perfect, unfortunately. You can see wrinkles on pictures 175 and 176, which were taken in the same conditions. Yes, the right wing looks worse. It is still possible to press the paper and achieve minor improvements, but the paper seems to have a will of its own. I didn’t dare to apply the delamination trick to the wings, as it would be very risky. You might have noticed that it worked very well on the leading-edge slats. Publishers/designers should be aware that the paper they use is very far from isotropic, regarding rolling, and could make our task simpler, most of the times at no cost. I regularly complain about this point…
My next model will be a small building, then a small train subject before getting back to aircraft. There is no lack of subject to show!
Old 01-22-2024, 10:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
I too sometimes get bad results when the model is printed on the wrong paper or just refuses to be rounded and becomes all wrinkled and bent looking.

If it is pre printed purchased models, you really do not have a good fix because even if you scanned the model and printed a new page, the colors never match.

I had a recent issue when I printed Yoav's Meteor F8. The original paper I used was no good with bad result. The only alternative was to print the entire model on better paper.

but, being that an A-10 is always shot at, you can call this combat damage !!!!!!!!!

Isaac
Old 01-23-2024, 01:27 AM

Answer, especially the MS Model serie is a great choice. Eurofighter project is made in an old way, and I saw it's not easy to assemble. I think there is one or two finished on Polish forums. Please check also Model-Kom - they have great release of SR-71 Blackbird.
Old 01-23-2024, 01:33 AM

kartonowki.pl/forum/temat/4305,elofajtel
Old 01-23-2024, 01:34 AM

kartonowki.pl/modele-galeria/model/6523,eurofighter-typhoon-2000
Google Adsense
Old 01-23-2024, 08:12 AM

@Isaac - that's it: positive thinking
@Mariusz - thanks for the links! I hadn’t yet spotted this kit in any forum.
Old 01-31-2024, 08:16 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Outstanding.
Your work is always an excellent source of inspiration.
Mike

Tags
1/33, a-10, gpm