PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-12-2023, 04:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 50.77 MB
Fiddler's Green J-3 Piper Cub

Hey squadron, I am building Fiddler's Green J-3 Piper Cub. Simultaneously, I am building Peck Polymer's Peanut Scale Cub. I've been on a Cub kick since I scored a Herr Engineering 48” J-3 Cub RC kit pro bono at my RC club in Laurel, MD. I got some guidance from another build thread on this web site. So far so good. I plan to use wood for the struts as the paper ones are just not up to the task. I will be building the interior and using acetate for window material.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiddler's Green J-3 Piper Cub-20231004_055713.jpg   Fiddler's Green J-3 Piper Cub-20231009_044619.jpg   Fiddler's Green J-3 Piper Cub-20231009_044626.jpg   Fiddler's Green J-3 Piper Cub-20231012_060829.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-12-2023, 07:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
Hello, Nice work on that nice Piper J3. Oe question: You are building your model over a plan of a balsa Piper Cub, can you please tell me the publisher of this plan or the kit manufacturer? Thank you very much.
Old 10-12-2023, 07:51 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
The bottom of the plan says "Peck Polymers"

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 10-12-2023, 11:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Nice work. Brings back a lot of memories. Learnng to fly in a J-3 in 1957. Building lots of Peck Polymer peanut scale flying models over the years. And building, or trying to build, a variety of Fiddlers Green and DGA J-3s.

Don
Old 10-12-2023, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petestein View Post
Hello, Nice work on that nice Piper J3. Oe question: You are building your model over a plan of a balsa Piper Cub, can you please tell me the publisher of this plan or the kit manufacturer? Thank you very much.
It's the Peck Polymer's Peanut Scale Cub. I was just at a Flying Aces Club contest and told someone I was building one. I was told that they can be a challenge to get to fly. I'm pretty new to all of this and I know there is a lot to learn. I am enjoying all of this.
Google Adsense
Old 10-12-2023, 04:35 PM

Thank you very much for the information. I really didn't see the Peck Polymers caption. I hope Oz : Free plans : Collection of free vintage model aircraft plans to download has the plan among more than 14000 he has free to share.
Old 10-13-2023, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petestein View Post
Thank you very much for the information. I really didn't see the Peck Polymers caption. I hope Oz : Free plans : Collection of free vintage model aircraft plans to download has the plan among more than 14000 he has free to share.
I know all about outerzone.co.uk!! I can spend so much time there just looking at all the great plans.
Old 10-14-2023, 07:53 AM

Mary and Steve have both done a wonderful job restoring, filing and sharing model airplane plans for us to enjoy. Hard and time consuming effort.
Old 10-15-2023, 10:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 113.01 MB
Thank you for this thread! I have built many Fiddlersgreen Piper J-3 Cubs. It is a great model. Please continue posting pictures as you work on your model!

That model made me want to design a paper Cub that was more to scale, so I found resource material and worked with the Piper Aviation Museum to design a new model.

Once you have finished this model, and want more Cubs [who wouldn't want that?] you can find more here: DGA Piper Cub models

Old 10-16-2023, 03:00 AM

[QUOTE=-Jim G;792517]Thank you for this thread! I have built many Fiddlersgreen Piper J-3 Cubs. It is a great model. Please continue posting pictures as you work on your model!

That model made me want to design a paper Cub that was more to scale, so I found resource material and worked with the Piper Aviation Museum to design a new model.

Once you have finished this model, and want more Cubs [who wouldn't want that?] you can find more here: DGA Piper Cub models

Jim, are there interiors with your kits? Please feel free to share a few photos of your finished models.
Google Adsense

Tags
fiddler's green, j-3, piper cub, plane