PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2024, 05:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 360.04 MB
Beginners attempt at WAK Dewoitine D560 1/33 scale

Just thought I would share some photos of my progress in building the WAK Dewoitine D560 in 1/33 scale. This is my first real attempt at an aircraft at this scale so please forgive the imperfections.

The WAK kit is very nice and simple and it’s a good model to start with I think. I am using the laser cut parts, and am building from a scanned and printed copy of the kit that I bought so as to be able to print extra parts if/when I mess up. For adhesive I'm using transparent glue from a Tesa Glue Pen applied with a small paint brush and edge coloring is done with a mix of pastel pencils and Faber-Castell Pitt pen brushes.

I’ll post some further photos once I’ve done so more but in the meantime all hints, tips and comments are welcome. It’s been a real learning experience putting it together and I’m still struggling to get nice curves on things like the LE of wings and tailplanes etc. What is the preferred method for curving and shaping pieces such as these?

Regards
Gary

Google Adsense