PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 02-28-2024, 10:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile Dewoitine D21 / Skoda D1 1/100 Artvars

Hello my friends!

After a period of absence due to vacations and some travel, we returned with another test for our friend Leo de la Rosa and his excellent Atvars label. The model is Dewoitine D21/Skoda D1.

The Dewoitine D21 is a development of the French parasol family of fighters that began with the D1 in the early 1920s. Despite being an advanced aircraft, the models of the D1/9/19/21 family were hardly used by the French, but obtained a lot Success abroad being used or manufactured under license in Switzerland, Turkey, Yugoslavia and Argentina.

This aircraft, in addition to being manufactured by EKW, was also manufactured by FMA in Argentina, which built 38 between 1932/39, in addition to Czechoslovakia, which built a version with an internally different engine under license (Skoda D1).

Leo sent me to test three versions of the Skoda D1 (among them one in the attractive color scheme of the Czechoslovakian border police), one Turkish and two Argentinean, it is with them that we will begin the tests.

Argentina had two versions of the plane, one used by the Air Force (operational from 1932 to 1941) and the Argentine Navy had nine machines purchased directly from EKW in Switzerland with rounded tip wings, just as their counterparts in the Air Force remained until the beginning of the 1940s in service.

Atvars models are characterized by the use of formers, and in this case Leo inserted a cockpit, which together with the very well done textures, allow an upscale from the model's original scale (1/72) to 1/48(50) or even same for 1/33.

Early stage construction focuses on the lamination of forming parts and small parts, despite traveling on the weekend for work, I hope that by Thursday I will make progress on the construction of these two interesting aircraft.
Google Adsense
Old 02-28-2024, 04:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Good to see this one Péricles. To me French parasols of that era always fascinate.
Old 02-28-2024, 07:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
One of the major reasons this Dewoitine was popular sale abroad was its metal construction. Everyone knew this was the way of the future and buying license to make those planes was a learning experience in new building methods and it was very cost effective.

For some reasons (possibly cost) Polish government opted for buying Wibault technology. It was used in all PZL series fighters and some other planes. Soviets purchased German planes and technologies ,mainly from Junkers,Dornier and Rohrbach.
Old 02-29-2024, 06:39 AM

Smile

Thanks my friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butelczynski View Post
One of the major reasons this Dewoitine was popular sale abroad was its metal construction. Everyone knew this was the way of the future and buying license to make those planes was a learning experience in new building methods and it was very cost effective.

For some reasons (possibly cost) Polish government opted for buying Wibault technology. It was used in all PZL series fighters and some other planes. Soviets purchased German planes and technologies ,mainly from Junkers,Dornier and Rohrbach.
Karol you are right. Brazil use the Wibault too, but Wibault 72 with Lorraine Engine, is a first metalkic plane used in Brazil. For me the French 1920/30's airplanes are fascinating.

In the last night I build other small pieces. And today I start the fuselages. More pics soon.
Old 02-29-2024, 09:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
Good start. I have not built an Artvars kit yet but on this evidence, I think I should.
Google Adsense
Old 02-29-2024, 03:00 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwi View Post
Good start. I have not built an Artvars kit yet but on this evidence, I think I should.
Thanks Siwi

In this topic: Dewoitine D1 Series Artvars in 1/100 scale

I detailed the build of Atvars D1/Ansaldo AC-2, the ancestor of D21.
Old 02-29-2024, 06:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I am enjoying seeing you build this model, Péricles, and was reminded by reading the thrad that you referenfed that ARTVARS has a model of the Japanese D21, which I have now purchased in case I live long enough to carry out my plan to build a series of Japanese Army fighters.

Don
Old 03-05-2024, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
I am enjoying seeing you build this model, Péricles, and was reminded by reading the thrad that you referenfed that ARTVARS has a model of the Japanese D21, which I have now purchased in case I live long enough to carry out my plan to build a series of Japanese Army fighters.

Don
Surely my friend you will have a long life and we will see this project. Japan acquired two Dewoitines, if I'm not mistaken, in addition to the D1, an intermediate model (I think the D12 with the Hispano Suiza engine) and a two-seater version. At home I check my bibliographies better.

Despite not having photographs to show the construction, he continues making small parts of both models and preparing the larger parts.

Old 03-06-2024, 07:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 GB
These models are an excellent idea!
Old 03-06-2024, 01:23 PM

Many thanks master! I hope one day see you builds about this subject.

I continue build small parts for both models.

Google Adsense