PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 11-22-2009, 05:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 40.66 MB
Even the real aircraft is fascinating ! For sure, it could be be a great papermodel !
Old 11-22-2009, 05:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I want one!
....now where to park it....
Old 11-22-2009, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Kamser View Post
did this thing really fly
seems impossible... but hey the jumbo flies so... (and bumble bees)
but when you look at the specs, 21tonnes dry weight, stopping dist 400 metres?? seems impossible
so why not - large wheels, large brakes.
and it won't goes very fast either, 234 km/h, thats something i can top on ground with my bike :D and i can reverse to zero also in some reasonable distance

Keep in mind that a truck here in europe is up to 40to and it stops at most red trafficlights
Old 11-22-2009, 07:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 13.79 MB
Fantastic! I love those weird arcraft that were concieved durring the war.

It looks like the landing gear could be easily modified with pontoons or skis for water and snow landings. That would give it the long area needed to land.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
The Artist's renditions and the b/w photos of the actual plane look a lot more convincing than that ridiculous CGI image!
I believe it might fly...but that CGI thing is just too stupid!

I hate when you see this kind of thing on one of these "Discovery Channel" (or the like) shows
and they exaggerate or over-blow the ideas into something stupidly unbelieveable.

but I have always had other theories regarding many of the German War "projects"

...in this case, did it matter if it could fly?
did it really matter if it functioned as dreamed?
if you parked this at the edge of your airfield, the neighbouring villages and towns would be crapping bricks!

...all they really needed to do was suggest these kind of projects to the world.
I think its all about intimidation. If your enemies believes you have the biggest gun around, then you don't really have to bring it out.

If it appeared that you had all this technology and superior war machines, then you already have the upperhand.

I think many of these "projects" were for the purpose of experimentation and development of related technologies,
but also for deception and intimidation.
Google Adsense
Old 11-22-2009, 09:51 AM
Banned

That sounds like German propaganda modus operandi. I think the Soviets where more interested in making tanks and planes that worked in the abusrdly cold weather they had. Though all sides had balloon and cardboard tanks to fool over head reconnaissance photos that were taken. Those CGI photos and the others showing huge American flying saucers, etc are in the "Luft 46" category. Just for fun. Of course since so many people don't take the time to read or research history, it ends up falling on people like you (in general) and I (in general) too let them in on it.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:44 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
That sounds like German propaganda modus operandi. I think the Soviets where more interested in making tanks and planes that worked in the abusrdly cold weather they had. Though all sides had balloon and cardboard tanks to fool over head reconnaissance photos that were taken. Those CGI photos and the others showing huge American flying saucers, etc are in the "Luft 46" category. Just for fun. Of course since so many people don't take the time to read or research history, it ends up falling on people like you (in general) and I (in general) too let them in on it.
I agree, just like the artist rendition or CGI Images where a K-7 is attacking a Hunebau IV I think . Such a real fight would have been really awsome , and it would make a quite fantastic CGI-based action shot for an "alternate dimension" movie :D.

I continue to think what a fantastic paper model Ken (West) can do whith this monster, including interior details . And even at 1/48, his XB-70 xil look like a shuttle for this monster :D.

Or maybe Julius (Julescrafter) will want to add it to it serie with the Hunebau
Old 11-30-2009, 08:04 AM

that would be an awesome paper model.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:26 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONeill View Post
Someone's built one in 1/144 but in that OTHER medium on Internet Modeler - have been googling for any hint of the 3D model behind the rendered images but with no joy.

This is so cool!! Apart from the corrugations on the wings, the shapes are quite simple so it would probably be a relatively simple model - unless one went nuts with the interior under the glasshouse fuselage...
It's neither P.....c nor paper, it's Wood, it's motorized, an impressive 1/28 work, and it has flown:

Scratch-Build-Off 3 1/28 scale 7 engine bomber, Kalinin K-7 - Page 5 - RC Groups
Attached Thumbnails
Soviet Monster-web-motor-test.jpg  
Old 12-16-2009, 12:24 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to PModel Rookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Manic View Post
I like the gun turrets in this version.
Aren't those guns are the ones on a battleship?!If im not wrong,they weigh about 2000 Tonnes each!!!I've never seen a plane can carry more than 1000 tonnes!!!
Google Adsense