PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 01-22-2010, 10:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
M-50 Bounder design+build

Having finished the Regulus, I am now moving on to my next project, the M-50 Bounder. Scale will be 1:48. I fell in love with this plane the moment I saw it, who wouldn't! :D

So far, I've finished the fuselage and wings. I'm not quite happy with the landing gear pods at the end of the wings, they don't look quite right. I'll try rebuilding them today. In keeping with my new policy, this one will have a basic cockpit with an ejection seat and instrument panel, but nothing else since you won't be able to see anything through those tiny windows anyways.
Attached Thumbnails
M-50 Bounder design+build-m-50-bounder.jpg  

[email protected]
Google Adsense
Old 01-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Banned

One of my favorite planes, Myasishchev had some of the coolest looking craft. This should be really good!! His planes looked fast just sitting on the runways.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
New Year's resolution or not, I am a definite starter for this baby!! I think the larger scale will show off it unusual shape so well and it will go well with other large scale bombers in both paper and the other stuff...I have been hunting to old Mon model in 1/50 at a reasonable price but now you are on the job, I no longer need to worry...
Old 01-24-2010, 08:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Looking forward to it, Avery.

I hope you'll pick up the TU-22 Blinder as a project. My father made several interceptions of Eygptian TU-22's that were wandering too close to the Kennedy's battle group in the early 70's. I'd love to build one for him.

Wyvern
Old 04-02-2010, 03:07 PM

Hi Avery

Just wondering if there'd been any developments on the Bounder - talking about it on the Welcome Desk jogged my memory that you are designing it...

Simon
Google Adsense
Old 04-03-2010, 10:25 AM

Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Thanks for checking in Simon, haven't been doing too much on the Bounder or anything really. I sort of hit a designing slump and am only just now working my way out of it. The Bounder is on the top of the "to-finish" pile so hopefully I'll be able to give some updates soon.

[email protected]
Old 04-09-2010, 12:29 AM

Just a small update to show I'm not just goofing off while on vacation (well, I am, but...) not too much to show right now though. I am working on the outrigger wheel bays, the enlarged bit next to the wingtip engines. I was never happy with them the first time around. They are better now, but not perfect. They appear to be somewhat anemic at the front end, but comparing them to photos the shape does appear to be more or less spot on. Their starved appearance may be due to the limitations of Sketchup's rendering system and they'll build up fine once unfolded. Of course, there's only one way to find out for sure...time to cut some paper! :D
Attached Thumbnails
M-50 Bounder design+build-bounderoutriggerbays.jpg  

[email protected]
Old 04-09-2010, 07:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
looking good, Avery. Enjoy your vacation!

Wyvern
Old 04-09-2010, 11:36 AM

Excellent work!!

I'm very interested in buying one of these from you when they become available! keep the updates coming!! Thanks,

Chesley
Old 04-09-2010, 02:48 PM

Avery

I was just looking through the International Airpower Review Vol 4 issue that has an article on the M-50. It has some good pictures of the weird arrangement for the crew to mount their seats from underneath the fuselage, cross-sections of the fuselage and images of some of the M-50 variants (some of which look like they were discussed after way too much coffee and/or vodka!!) if you were maybe perhaps thinking of also doing some mods for the basic Bounder...? The Hydroplane version looks like a simple add-on in lieu of landing gear...

If you haven't seen the article, I can scan and send it to you in toto (no, not Dorothy's dog!) or just the images...

Simon
Google Adsense