PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-20-2010, 10:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauer View Post
Hi Everyone,

Still looking for an experienced RC Flyer. Experienced means-the ability to take off and land without serious damage!

Mike
Taking offs the easy bit:D only ever had only 1 one point landing with minimal damage (damn that low fly past into the sun)
I fly fixed wing and hellicopters , all electric
Old 04-20-2010, 01:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Hi Bob,

Great looking ME109!

The model will be shipped to you already printed. The reason; model is printed on 12" x 18" sheets of cardstock.

My main big printer is in another state and all I have is my smaller printer that will do 13" x 19" prints.

I cut up some full size (24" x 36" sized sheets) of cardstock into the 12" x 18". This allows bigger parts to be made, without chopping them up into smaller pieces to fit the page.

If you have the capablity to print on 11" x 17" or bigger I could just send you a PDF file of the model to print at home. One problem with this option is that even the paper supply warehouses don't stock cardstock in 11" x 17" in the proper weight range needed (110# index or 125# Tag). 90# Index can be found, but it is not stiff enough to handle the flight loads, for models this size.

In Boise, Idaho I found a store (Paper Express) that would cut the sheets for me, but the cost went from $32 (90#index) for 500 sheets to over $70 (125# tag) due to cutting fees.

Got to thinking it might be wise to send two models to each builder. That way if a part is messed up, one would be available for tracing from the other kit. Also this would give a second kit for the volunteer's own modifications.

Mike
Old 04-20-2010, 02:25 PM

Photos of Motor Mount

Hi Gary,

Ok, it looks like you would be a great addition to the build!

If you're interested, I'll need the electric motor specs so that I can make a mount for your motor. Outside diameter, and the mounting screws distance and the center hole for the motor shaft opening.

Hope to start shipping the models by Monday of next week (26 April). This should give me time to create a mount for the different motors being used.

Please check out the photos, showing the motor mount and servo/battery trays.

The servo trays are adjustable for length, to fit various sized servos.

This motor mount was a prototype, that after printing was modified for better cooling holes (rough cut openings). It uses the regular mounting screws on the motor, as well as an internal support that the outside diameter of the motor slides thru at the rear and is screwed to the front mount.

Do these photos show what measurments I need in enough clarity?

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Help!  Need Beta RC Builders (3)-rc-motor1.jpg   Help!  Need Beta RC Builders (3)-rc-motor2.jpg   Help!  Need Beta RC Builders (3)-rc-motor3.jpg   Help!  Need Beta RC Builders (3)-rc-motor4.jpg  
Old 04-20-2010, 03:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
Heres the specs for the 380 motor
I have all kinds o servos, from nano to standard sized
Attached Thumbnails
Help!  Need Beta RC Builders (3)-capturewiz052.jpg  
Old 04-20-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryPilsworth View Post
Heres the specs for the 380 motor
I have all kinds o servos, from nano to standard sized
Hi Gary,

Thank you for the specs! Best part of the 380 is that is what the F16 uses in the photos! So, already have a mount sized and ready to go!

Mike
Google Adsense
Old 04-20-2010, 10:03 PM

Hi Everybody,

I have my volunteer builders/flyers! Thank you for the interest and great comments!

The experience level looks like it will be a perfect range; from beginner to expert!

Mike Bauer