PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-15-2010, 05:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Help Wanted! Need Beta RC Builders (3)

Hi Everyone,

I need an experienced paper model builder that also is an experienced RC Flyer. Up to 3-would be perfect!

Pay is you get to keep the model you build.

Cost to you?*
-Must do build thread and post here on PM.com (photos required of build phase thru flight phases){Ok for all three to communicate and do just one build thread!}
-Must pay for your own RC gear (prefer someone who already has neccessary items)
-Must be willing to use common easy to get Electric motor and prop combo. Common means easy to get, available almost everywhere! The reason is simple, parts need to be locally available if kit is to be massed produced (i.e., more than 2).
-No major mods to model during build unless something is totally wrong-at which point I'll correct and then ship to you the correct parts. If you would like a model to modify on your own I'll supply you with a model (i.e., add depron foam , balsa wood, carbon, etc...)
-Has to be able to call me all kind of names at build time, cooling off to say, "hey idiot, you designed these two matchup parts for different sized models...) ok to use your own desciptive words after hey / just before idiot...
-Ok to modify Paint
*(Inqire by PM for money costs=shipping)

If interested PM me and I'll send basic costs to you and what I need in a modeler. Up to 3-Builders needed! Ok for all three to communicate and do just one build thread!

Minimum axis control will be pitch, roll w/throttle. Possible yaw control if somone would like it. Mixing can be done on some models.

A couple of models can use retracts, most will need you to purchase wire landing gear and lightweight wheels locally. Carbon fiber tubing (aileron/elevator hinge shaft), balsa wood for inside flight control surfaces.

Note:
All flight loads are not carried by expensive carbon and/or balsa wood. They are used just for certain areas due to their light-weight. Flight loads are handled by cardstock laminations!

My choice of model design, but, it will be 3ft long [914.41mm] & weigh between 1.5 -2lbs when flight ready. [680.4gm - 907.18 gm].

Model version choice will be decided after determining the skill level of the volunteers. Printed on 11"x17" [279.4mm x 431.8mm] Cardstock sheet size, that will be shipped to you. If you have an 11"x 17" printer capability, it is possible to send a PDF file to you to print and build.

BTW-If no experienced RC Flyers apply, I'll take builders who would like to try RC flying, buy their own gear and see the project thru flight phase.

I design using 2d CAD, so the final parts might need a little work for the final fit! I draw them to 0.000000" precision (ease of part fit).

3-models (jet type) ready for RC at this time, with a flight trainer version not far off.

Thank you for reading this far! Hope to hear from all builders soon!

Best regards,
Mike Bauer

Last edited by mbauer; 04-15-2010 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Whoops-Forgot to mention Electric Motor! Cardstock Sheet Size!
Google Adsense
Old 04-15-2010, 05:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Geez. Anyone with an avatar like yours will certainly provide excitement.

Unfortunately, I'm not qualified...but I sure hope you get inundated with offers.

<S>
My blog: www.ww2fighters.blogspot.com
Old 04-15-2010, 06:34 PM

Just to give an idea of the model test already performed thru the years:
*5lb barbell [2.27 kg] was used to test static strength(see photos)
*Took 1.5 years to figure out the retract problem of the wings or fuselage "ballooning" up with the doors open! Fix was incredibly simple-solid balsa wood thick enough to carve a deep wheel well in that was then glued flush to the cardstock sealing the well!
-Would like to see a balsa wood or even fiberglass model take the punishment of a cardstock built version! See photo of exact contact and then a follow up flight. You can see the bent neck after it was pulled straight out! Like to see anything else do that after a 20ft AGL straight nose-in!

Anyway early models done to test the final beta models needing built!

Hope you enjoy!

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Help!  Need Beta RC Builders (3)-5lb-test.jpg   Help!  Need Beta RC Builders (3)-5lb-wingtip-support.jpg   Help!  Need Beta RC Builders (3)-moment-impact1.jpg   Help!  Need Beta RC Builders (3)-moment-impact2-still-flies.jpg   Help!  Need Beta RC Builders (3)-f16-weight-36inch-long.jpg  

Old 04-15-2010, 06:58 PM

More RC models tested. Sorry, the F104 has problems with RC control issues. Probably can be fixed using carbon fiber to stregnthen the tailfeathers. Elevator is to far from strong fuselage support...

5-Foot F106 delta wing has possibility of 3-axis control. Photos show just aileron and elevator control.

All models use a single Electric motor and pusher prop at the rear of the main fuselage. Motor location in the wings causes weight issues under flight load conditions. Also dual duct fans need to large of battery.

Single EDF and Dual EDF models have been tested. Photo of white SR71 retracts is dual 3' Dia (75mm) EDF setup.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Help!  Need Beta RC Builders (3)-5ft-rc-f106.jpg   Help!  Need Beta RC Builders (3)-rc-models.jpg   Help!  Need Beta RC Builders (3)-sr71.jpg   Help!  Need Beta RC Builders (3)-sr71-2.jpg   Help!  Need Beta RC Builders (3)-sr71-early-retract.jpg  

Old 04-16-2010, 05:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.77 MB
I wish I could help. I do RC models, but I'm only 15 and have very little experience. Plus my equipment is cheap and almost all my planes have broken tailplanes thanks to my poor landing skills! Nice work though!
Google Adsense
Old 04-16-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guynemer View Post
I wish I could help. I do RC models, but I'm only 15 and have very little experience. Plus my equipment is cheap and almost all my planes have broken tailplanes thanks to my poor landing skills! Nice work though!
Hi Guynemer,

These tailplanes won't break! Cheap is a plus! What kind of motor and prop? Needs to be able to used as a pusher.

Inexperience with RC flight is no problem, great way to test durability!

Make sure sure your parents are aware of what you're doing-are they a member here? I would need their written ok since your under 18.

If you do it, I still need one more and both of you look like a trainer would work best.

Thank you for your interest!

Mike
Old 04-18-2010, 03:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.77 MB
Hi Mike,

I don't know if my parents will let me, they kind of despise my hobby. But if they say yes, this is what I can say about my stuff (they don't have any writing on them, only Chinese) :

Two unknown servos

One motor

Three channel controller

Sorry if this doesn't help, it's all I can find.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guynemer View Post
Hi Mike,

I don't know if my parents will let me, they kind of despise my hobby. But if they say yes, this is what I can say about my stuff (they don't have any writing on them, only Chinese) :

Two unknown servos

One motor

Three channel controller

Sorry if this doesn't help, it's all I can find.
Great! The servos aren't a problem, there is a small tray that is adjustable length wise to fit various sized servos, three channel radio is a minimum.

Does the radio have a throttle?

I'll need the exact outside measurement of the motor.

The front of the motor has a a couple of screw holes, I'll need the distance of these as well as how big the shaft opening is.

Is it a 380 by chance. This size was used on many learn to fly electric RTF models produced in China. Was this motor part of a learn to fly model? if so do you know the name?

Check with your parents, don't want to get you in any trouble.

Mike
Old 04-18-2010, 03:07 PM

Hi Everyone,

Still looking for an experienced RC Flyer. Experienced means-the ability to take off and land without serious damage!

Mike
Old 04-20-2010, 09:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.26 GB
My thought is to build a test bird and use a neighbor to be test pilot. I have been building for a few years, and he has been flying several years. If you are offering model plans, I can print sare parts and perhaps have 2 birds for testing.

The photo is a ME 109 that I lost the engine for.

bob neill
Attached Thumbnails
Help!  Need Beta RC Builders (3)-dscf0435.jpg  
Google Adsense