PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-16-2012, 11:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
PBY Catalina revisted

Ahoy
I havent been here for a while been to busy building other projects dont want to over do my builds and welcomings but I just finished this PBY built useing plans from cleveland supply. They again have a vintage selection of plans from yesteryears of the past that are a must for the collector and builder. I been in and out of the VA hospital my age is catching up with me along with the pictures of my PBY I threw in my pet Turkey Vulture I had him for years he is not a pretty bird good enough to know where he comes from they dont breed them for Beauty. I am still well my blood presure just keeps going sky high i dont want to stroke out if that happens Old boats is Toast I will be3 just a memorie but my models will out live me. The PBY is made from cardstock and wood.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
PBY Catalina revisted-pict0001.jpg   PBY Catalina revisted-pict0003.jpg   PBY Catalina revisted-pict0004.jpg   PBY Catalina revisted-pict0005.jpg   PBY Catalina revisted-pict0007.jpg  

PBY Catalina revisted-img_4557.jpg   PBY Catalina revisted-pict0008.jpg   PBY Catalina revisted-pict0009.jpg  
Old 08-16-2012, 11:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Another beautiful model, Boats! You certainly made the most of those Cleveland plans.

Nice t.v.

Take care of your health. We need to see lots more of your models.

Don
Old 08-16-2012, 11:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Nice one, boats. Watch that bloodpressure....don't watch any "news" programs until after the elections. Those Cleveland plans are just awesome, aren't they?
Old 08-16-2012, 11:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.91 GB
Another cracking build Boats. Keep well shipmate.
Bernie
Old 08-16-2012, 11:40 AM

Ahoy
Thanks Fellas for your replies I will be alright just got to follow up with the chanker mechanic on my blood pressure medication. being to high strung keeps my blood pressure riseing. They got me on some good stuff now that brings it down alot they been giving me Clorathozide how ever you spell before now they give something stronger Besylate 5 mg. Its working I have a long time to go before I take a dirt nap. thanks guys for your replies.

Yes Don and Darwin those cleveland plans are tops a lot of good scratch card models van be build useing thes plans. there are nothing like them the late great Edward Packard done a magnificient job on the designs off these plans a true draftsman.

Boats
Old 08-16-2012, 01:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Fine build! Love the Catalina. Take care of your health, stay well.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I always enjoy your builds. Take care of yourself ... and that beautiful bird of yours ...
Is he really a pet? What the heck do you feed him?
Old 08-16-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
I always enjoy your builds. Take care of yourself ... and that beautiful bird of yours ...
Is he really a pet? What the heck do you feed him?

Ahoy Vermin King
thank you for your replie I feed Roscoe fresh meat scraps from the grocery store. although this type of thermal bird that eats on the dead can eat almost anything. he is very gentle and loves children very comical how he acts when he shows off he sprerads fis 7 foot wings and dances around. My Ruthie and keep him in the back living room there is a perch with his feeding bowl he is very clean. Thank you for your reply on my PBY, I will throw in a couple more builds I have done the pictures below are the Curtiss Jenny built again from clel\veland plans. This model flys.

thanks boats
Attached Thumbnails
PBY Catalina revisted-pict0001.jpg   PBY Catalina revisted-pict0002.jpg   PBY Catalina revisted-pict0003.jpg   PBY Catalina revisted-pict0004.jpg  
Old 08-16-2012, 02:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 42.01 MB
Very interesting choice for a pet... but as long as you and it have no problems with each other, it should be all fine. As for the blood pressure, take care - medication, avoid sun and heat, and so on.
The top of that car makes a passable imitation of the sea And the Catalina looks very very nice indeed.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calinous View Post
Very interesting choice for a pet... but as long as you and it have no problems with each other, it should be all fine. As for the blood pressure, take care - medication, avoid sun and heat, and so on.
The top of that car makes a passable imitation of the sea And the Catalina looks very very nice indeed.

Ahoy
Thank you very much Dear Sir for your reply We get along very well together he is a very smart bird to say the least. My blood pressure is getting much better IU guess getting old at the age of 73 things start to happen. As long as I take my blood pressure medies I be fine and can live a very much longer time It all started when I went outside to sail my model sailboats and ships the last heat wave we had is what cooked me. I been out in the sun in a 103 degree sun for 13 hours sailing like a damn fool I should have kinown better, I got off lucky I am following orders now. I will enclose a few more pictures of Roscoe I have a picture of him with me this picture was takin 25 years ago I was much younger thyen then I am today. Thank you sir for your reply.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
PBY Catalina revisted-turkey_vulture_7.jpg   PBY Catalina revisted-turkeyvultureshaverlake090606_7491.jpg   PBY Catalina revisted-t-vulture2.jpg