PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 06-09-2010, 09:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
OK...I've just had a look at the 1/33 Bear model raised by CDNGUY68 above. Yes, it most definitely hosted on a site that distributes pirated models but I don't think that it is a pirated model itself - as near as I can figure through Google Translate on the design/build thread, it is an original design and the only reason that it is on this particular site is the same reason that designers here use Ecardmodels...it's our local...

The model looks as well designed and detailed as Ken's Connie but A LOT BIGGER!! the undercarriage could have come from Ken's own workshop and is almost a model in itself...The price seems to be 500 roubles or about 15 USD or Euros...

I don't condone piracy for a second but I am wondering if perhaps this model (assuming I am right re its originality - certainly I am unaware of any quality large scale Bear to be pirated) was listed on a site like Gremir or ecardmodels ( as opposed to the pirate supporting site where it is at the moment) it might not be a big seller...?

I am not about to list the hosting url here but will forward it to the admins and ChrisG in case this is something they might think worth following up...
Old 06-10-2010, 04:38 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
I would be interested in contacting this designer if i could figure out how....
Chris
Old 06-10-2010, 06:37 AM
Design Admin

I am hot on the trail of the designer thanks to one of my russian designers. It appears the model files for this particular bear are about 1.4 GB - thats right, gigabytes. Not sure why but will look into resolving that issue
Chris
Old 06-10-2010, 06:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.43 MB
1.4 Gb is an uncompressed .PSD files (ideal for re-coloring) JPEG version could be ~50 - 100 Mb I guess
Old 06-10-2010, 07:24 AM
Design Admin

i wouldnt sell .jpeg's either, just pdf's for me to stay in my usual standard of file distribution. but they are usually about the same size.
Chris
Old 06-10-2010, 08:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.65 MB
Well, Photoshop can export PSDs to PDF - but the size of the resulting file doesn´t get smaller. The only way to go would be a complete redraw which changes the pixel-based design to a vector-based. Which of course is a tremendous work to do - but also any weathering will be lost unless a real skilled person does the redrawing. (But then again the file size will increase.)

kind regards,
Wolfgang
Old 06-10-2010, 02:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
How do you find the bear?
Old 06-10-2010, 03:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I know of the site that you are referring to ... if I am right, I think that the price is in Russian Rubles (150) which comes out to be under $5 Canadian.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
The PCD file could easily be downsized to a more manageable size - it is only 38 pages of which ten are instructions and formers and, as near as I can make out from the original forum, it is in A4 format. I;m sure this coulkd be done easily enough as even the masterpieces from the likes of Ken West and Andrew Inwald come in at well under 100Mb

ju52man, sorry but the Bear discussion is on a site that hosts pirated models and so the URL can not be posted here.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 163.85 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stev0 View Post
I know of the site that you are referring to ... if I am right, I think that the price is in Russian Rubles (150) which comes out to be under $5 Canadian.
I could be wrong, but my Google Translate listed it as USD, not Rubles...although if it was Rubles that would explain the high level of interest on that particular site.
Google Adsense