PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 06-30-2010, 11:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Cockpit dash and gauges

I am going to back light the dash with a small led to highlight the gauges. I have bulit the dash up out of layers with Vellum as the backmost layer.
Will add more details to the instrument panel and side panels as I build it out. Picture show the sequence of assembly.
Attached Thumbnails
Will Aldridge Military Corsair with Folding Wings-img_0242.jpg   Will Aldridge Military Corsair with Folding Wings-img_0243.jpg   Will Aldridge Military Corsair with Folding Wings-img_0246.jpg   Will Aldridge Military Corsair with Folding Wings-img_0247.jpg   Will Aldridge Military Corsair with Folding Wings-img_0249.jpg  

Old 06-30-2010, 12:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
a really good job for that instrument panel. Exactly what i love !
Old 06-30-2010, 07:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.0 KB
Looking really good Mike! I'm really sorry for not getting you the reference material you need. I have had a lot of extra work lately. I'll try and get you some reference on the cockpit tonight. btw the red inverted tear drop looking things are the gun chargers and are fairly thick so you could add them if you like.

I would reccomend that to deal with the extra thickness of the instrument panel that you don't move it any further forward than it would be if it were a stock build, trim the rudder pedal mount to deal with it.

My models available for sale @ Gremir and Ecardmodels
Old 07-02-2010, 08:44 AM

Cockpit details

Here are some more details going into the cockpit areas. The large scale allows for a little more freedom for details.
Attached Thumbnails
Will Aldridge Military Corsair with Folding Wings-img_0257.jpg   Will Aldridge Military Corsair with Folding Wings-img_0259.jpg   Will Aldridge Military Corsair with Folding Wings-img_0258.jpg   Will Aldridge Military Corsair with Folding Wings-img_0260.jpg   Will Aldridge Military Corsair with Folding Wings-img_0262.jpg  

Old 07-05-2010, 01:11 PM

Led lights hooked up

Well I finally got back to this. I have installed the led behind the instrument panel. I got the cheapest led headlamp I could find, 2 for $4.00 at Home Depot. Then I canaballized them for just the lamp and circuit board. Then I solder doorbell wire on and route the wires out the underside of the fuselage. I forgot to photograph the led in position :o, but it is just sitting behind the dash with just the wiring holding it in position.
Attached Thumbnails
Will Aldridge Military Corsair with Folding Wings-img_0293.jpg   Will Aldridge Military Corsair with Folding Wings-img_0294.jpg   Will Aldridge Military Corsair with Folding Wings-img_0295.jpg   Will Aldridge Military Corsair with Folding Wings-img_0296.jpg   Will Aldridge Military Corsair with Folding Wings-img_0301.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 07-05-2010, 01:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.47 MB
Cool!! :D
this will be unusual model

Old 07-05-2010, 05:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
Is there a big-model fever around the forum? I guess so, as there are some big projects around here.

Mike, this is a helluva Corsair!!
Old 07-05-2010, 05:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.0 KB
Looks great Mike. Can't wait to see the skin on it. I have made some changes to the former (I forget the part number) that the tail landing gear mounts to so don't build the tail cone yet. I have the parts ready and I'll try and get them sent off tonight.

My models available for sale @ Gremir and Ecardmodels
Old 07-05-2010, 06:06 PM

Just in the nick of time... I was starting the skin sequence ... will hold for part. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:20 PM

Fuselage skins

I started wapping the fuselage skins . The photos will show the sequence. The cockpit wrap was pretty striaght forward. I glued the side instrumtent panels onto the wrap and then just followed wills lines, all went together as planned , hope the rest is as easy...
Attached Thumbnails
Will Aldridge Military Corsair with Folding Wings-img_0311.jpg   Will Aldridge Military Corsair with Folding Wings-img_0312.jpg   Will Aldridge Military Corsair with Folding Wings-img_0313.jpg   Will Aldridge Military Corsair with Folding Wings-img_0314.jpg   Will Aldridge Military Corsair with Folding Wings-img_0315.jpg  

Google Adsense