PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 07-07-2010, 09:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
Wow makes me tired to think of that, but you did a fine job on it again
Old 07-08-2010, 05:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.91 GB
Excellent work shipmate! I like the idea with the Krylon spray. I've just bought myself some and will be using it on my next build.
I still can't get over the size of this model, it must have a three foot wingspan!

Happy modelling

Bernie
Old 07-08-2010, 06:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardist View Post
Excellent work shipmate! I like the idea with the Krylon spray. I've just bought myself some and will be using it on my next build.
I still can't get over the size of this model, it must have a three foot wingspan!

Happy modelling

Bernie

Bernie
Thank you for your reply. the wingspan is 40 inchs the Lancaser is 43. The Halifax had a smaller wingspan the one i am working on is a earlier model with the Merlin engines. she had a smaller span but later on the Halifax was refitted with a longer span and they had radial engines Herculues, also square verticle tail sections. Like that od my Lancaster she is a big plane.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:31 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Boats,
An excellent job on a highly detailed engine nacelle. Now
you have three more to do which can seem daunting with
all the parts involved in each one. I see that Fly Model
messed up on the camo paint scheme on the wing matching
that of the nacelle. That is a common thing with these
older models. Ron
Old 07-08-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron40 View Post
Boats,
An excellent job on a highly detailed engine nacelle. Now
you have three more to do which can seem daunting with
all the parts involved in each one. I see that Fly Model
messed up on the camo paint scheme on the wing matching
that of the nacelle. That is a common thing with these
older models. Ron

Ron
Thank you sir for your reply yes sir your right I notice that when i was assembling it like that of the Lancaster build. No problem later on after the build i will go back and do some touch up here and there there prabaly will be a couple more mix matchs. so i will waite after the build and touch up some dark earth, and medium green to corect the mismatch a peice of cake. Still procedeing on the build i have 3 more nacells to complete. In all this is a wonderfull kit to build once you get the sequence of opperation on hand it will fly together. spent 15 hours last yesterday on one engine nacell assembly. it peabally will take another 15 on the next one I,m a busy sailor. Thank again Ron
Old 07-08-2010, 10:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
Boats, sir, I'm reporting to the thread of your big-winged/big-engined/big-everything big-plane, sir!

I salute you for giving this model justice!
Old 07-08-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milenio3 View Post
Boats, sir, I'm reporting to the thread of your big-winged/big-engined/big-everything big-plane, sir!

I salute you for giving this model justice!
Geraldo
Thank you for your reply as you all can see Ilike them big, The smallest airplane i have is a 30 inch wing span. I use to build smaller scales when i was youinger scince my eye sight has changed at the tender age of 70 years young OUCHhhhhhhhhhhh they only adapt to larger scales, Even with the eye sight of a turkey vulture I always liked them big. Thank you very much for your reply on my Halifax bomber
Old 07-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up

My Dear Grand dad Boats. See how many crew members you have got a full ship for sure This Halifax is coming along mighty fine Skipper - Did you realize, that one of those engines and nacelles have more parts than some full kits...! this is truly a monumental build and one that we are all enjoying very much. Thanks Skipper
Old 07-08-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
My Dear Grand dad Boats. See how many crew members you have got a full ship for sure This Halifax is coming along mighty fine Skipper - Did you realize, that one of those engines and nacelles have more parts than some full kits...! this is truly a monumental build and one that we are all enjoying very much. Thanks Skipper

Grandson Peter

Thank you very much this is going to be a wonderfull build I am logging in a lot of hours on this Gem. I am honered that a lot of the fellas out here on this great forum are enjoying this build I been checking the enternet, to see if anyone has acheived a papermodel build on the halifax Bomber, Not a soul out there there are a few plastic kits that i have seen but no cigar for the world of paper, I am getting a lot of help from Gixergs Uncle walter, he is my co- pilot there is credit there for this build. thanks grandson for the reply i will have more attachments tommorow.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:35 PM

NO.2 engine assembly

Ok fellas at it again so far on the build I have the inboard NO.2 Engine nacell assembly complete. Here another 15 hours on this assembly I,m starting to see 4 engine assemblies already. So far as mentioned before there aree no fit issues everything goes together well so far no more mismatch of the camo on the nacells against the wing, what needs to be touched up to the mismatch can be done after the build. another feature on this kit i notice as i previewed the sheets before the assembly, The laning gear is two possition either up or down and the bomb bay open or close, these optoins have to be made before assembly starts, A great kit the proppeler blades are right on i checked them on pitures of the real machine apose to the kits props. Both engine nacells have been cemented into position, no gaps all seams have been burnished well and their edges have been blackened to acheive filled in seams. Tommorow i will turn two on the outboard NO.3 engine nacell assembly in these attachments you will see the installation of the engine nacell assemblies in place. As for the rest of the night I am letting the assemblies dry for the night I just finished giveing them a clear coat of Krylon sparay MAGIC IN A CAN here are the attachments.
Attached Thumbnails
Handley Page Halifax Build-pict0006.jpg   Handley Page Halifax Build-pict0007.jpg   Handley Page Halifax Build-pict0008.jpg   Handley Page Halifax Build-pict0009.jpg   Handley Page Halifax Build-pict0010.jpg  

Handley Page Halifax Build-pict0011.jpg