PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-22-2011, 04:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Ahoy
I approve, there are not very many B-17s out there in paper form I have a gomix Flymodel kit. I know GPM makes one to but like that of flymodel thye are a dying breed and no longer being printed, there are a few left that can be bought and they are getting difficult to obtain. Rons kit does not need to be pushed in the corner and forgotton, he put a lot of money time and labor into produceing us a B-17 that beats all the others I know I built 6 of them.. I am with Ruben on this the kit should be made free only to the serious builder or collector who wants to build instead of downloading it because its there. this kit leaves many doors open after the bugs are worked out perhaps ruben will have a repaint done on her all olive drabb with squadron color coded wingtips and stabilizer.this is down the road but a lot of home work is involved before that becomes a realality. This Monday I will Start Ron Memorial B-17 Build the Ron40, I will once again post daily pictures of the build with much more photos and better instructions as how to build this like ron designed her. Ruben has my support on this and we will get the Flying Fortress up in the air again.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Side-by-Side B-17G Beta Build-popeye-590x442.jpg   Side-by-Side B-17G Beta Build-pict0008.jpg  
Old 05-22-2011, 04:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
looking forward to it sir.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixergs View Post
I was wondering,I have lost a lot of friends as well as family to one form of cancer or another as a result I regularly donate to the cancer research fund,my wondering was could not a small donation to the fund be attached to the model,if setting up such a donation would be to much work maybe just a suggestion that a donation be made.I was going to ask if someone could design a model for this but it seems fitting that Ron's B17 be used.either way I am very glad to hear the Ron's B17 will get to be built.
+1 for this idea....a monetary donation to obtain the model which can be donated to cancer research.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
+2 count me in...
Old 05-22-2011, 05:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 233.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to Inky
Count me in too.
Google Adsense
Old 05-22-2011, 05:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
I'm in! A donation in Ron's name would be a great tribute.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
Same Here! I would be more than happy to donate to the cause. I lost a great mother-in-law to cancer about a year ago. I look forward to the great kit!
Jeff
Old 05-22-2011, 07:00 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Truly wonderful thoughts and ideas here for our Ron's work - and rightly so ! He was a TOP guy, and you guys are going to make him proud.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
I think that is a wonderful idea and hope something can be set up so donations can be made in conjunction with publication of the kit.

Cheers!
Jim
Old 05-23-2011, 08:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
As promised, I thought about what has been suggested. And here are my conclusions:

I believe the idea of relating the kit to a donation to a cause fighting against cancer is a kind gesture.

However, I don’t want to impose it as an obligation to get the kit. It would mean almost as if it weren’t free: money has to leave from the modeler’s pockets to go to somewhere to get the kit. Almost the same like paying. And that is not the intention. There may be people who can not donate, but still want the plane. Forcing them to make something they can't do is not my desire.

I believe just a suggestion to donate if people liked the kit would be enough. No monetary obligations upon the modeler who just wishes to have the kit. But I won’t force anyone.

Helping against cancer is a good idea. But if people want to help they do not necessarily have to wait until this specific kit is released. They could be donating right now, because it will be months before this B-17 sees the light of day. While that happens, many people will be fighting and dying. If you really wish to help, you can do it now. But just don’t do it to get this kit, but because you really feel in your heart that you want to help.

When this kit is released, we will of course remember again the story of this kit, and will remember Ron, and will remember that he died of cancer. If then you feel like donating again (or for the very first time), you can do it. But donating is not an obligatory step to get the Fortress. Donating is something you voluntarily do when you wish to help, regardless of a paper model being involved.

Regards,

Ruben Andres

Google Adsense