PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Very well said Ruben. This does not stop anyone from giving to any organization that they wish. Many already do have their own places they donate to for whatever particular reason. I'm on my 2nd Child fro Christian Children's Fund, I purchased this family a cow and a couple of goats on top of the Monthly donation. That means a lot in Uganda. Make your contribution to whomever or whichever person or organization you feel fit to in Ron's name, now. Why wait.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:59 AM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
What I would suggest is simply to include with the model the name and contact information for a charity or two that a donation could be made to, in Ron's name.
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Old 05-23-2011, 12:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Yes to Ruben's rational!

I think Ron would have approved of Ruben's idea. My only 'push back' is against the paradigm of the "free" kit. So-called "free" models are not really "free" (indeed, what is truly 'free'?) They require computer resources that must be purchased and maintained in order to download and produce the kit. Rather, these design artifacts are 'shared' with minimal requirements attached. This is one of the wonderful aspects of our hobby & our community - the ease and desire to share. Ron himself was glad to share of his experience and time, so such a implementation would have pleased him, I believe. Making it simple to donate to a worthy and appropriate cause within this context would be a wonderful memorial to Ron's spirit and the pastime he so enjoyed. Having the host site explain the background to Ron's design would be fitting. In fact, being a (most likely) PDF, the kit itself might hold the donation link itself (as Cmag suggested.) Perhaps Shirley might have some insight on a charity that Ron would have supported. The nice thing is that Ron's kit itself becomes a legacy that will keep going for as long as paper models build B-17s.

So, I support this.
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Old 05-23-2011, 01:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Right and wrongs of contibutions

Ruben

I for one feel that a donation in any form must be voluntarily done. Otherwise it is phony, coerced and feels bad. Those that want to donate, should not feel obligated to give if they want this kit in any form or format. A gift is to be done with a warm hand because you want to. One charity should not be favored over another. It is a personal choice as well.

Now lets move on and see how this kit can be improved and made available to all.

If you want people to remember Ron’s contribution to this kit, have his name printed on the bottom of the wing.

Isaac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenandres77 View Post
As promised, I thought about what has been suggested. And here are my conclusions:

I believe the idea of relating the kit to a donation to a cause fighting against cancer is a kind gesture.

However, I don’t want to impose it as an obligation to get the kit. ......................

Regards,

Ruben Andres
Old 05-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenandres77 View Post
As promised, I thought about what has been suggested. And here are my conclusions:

I believe the idea of relating the kit to a donation to a cause fighting against cancer is a kind gesture.

However, I don’t want to impose it as an obligation to get the kit. It would mean almost as if it weren’t free: money has to leave from the modeler’s pockets to go to somewhere to get the kit. Almost the same like paying. And that is not the intention. There may be people who can not donate, but still want the plane. Forcing them to make something they can't do is not my desire.

I believe just a suggestion to donate if people liked the kit would be enough. No monetary obligations upon the modeler who just wishes to have the kit. But I won’t force anyone.

Helping against cancer is a good idea. But if people want to help they do not necessarily have to wait until this specific kit is released. They could be donating right now, because it will be months before this B-17 sees the light of day. While that happens, many people will be fighting and dying. If you really wish to help, you can do it now. But just don’t do it to get this kit, but because you really feel in your heart that you want to help.

When this kit is released, we will of course remember again the story of this kit, and will remember Ron, and will remember that he died of cancer. If then you feel like donating again (or for the very first time), you can do it. But donating is not an obligatory step to get the Fortress. Donating is something you voluntarily do when you wish to help, regardless of a paper model being involved.

Regards,

Ruben Andres
yes I am sure lots of us support some cancer charity are any other charity, but why does it have be a charity it could easily sponsor some hobby event and have it named the Ron tribute show
Google Adsense
Old 05-23-2011, 06:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 110.00 MB
As a regular donor to the American Cancer Society, i would not mind at all to make another donation in Ron's name for this kit. This would also instill in my grandsons and their friends the "act of giving" for a worthwhile cause, as they will participate in the build.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.59 MB
Have to laugh at the hammer in the photo. Is that to persuade the paper to conform or else? :-)
JohnO
Old 12-04-2011, 05:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
I might have missed the subsequent messages, but was the model ever released and if so, how can one obtain a copy and make a suitable donation in Ron's name, as was suggested earlier?

Thanks to all who are working to keep Ron's memory and love for this hobby alive.

Cheers!
Jim
Old 12-05-2011, 08:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkrauzlis View Post
I might have missed the subsequent messages, but was the model ever released and if so, how can one obtain a copy and make a suitable donation in Ron's name, as was suggested earlier?

Thanks to all who are working to keep Ron's memory and love for this hobby alive.

Cheers!
Jim
Jim, I just sent you a PM explaining why the kit is still not available.

Old 04-10-2021, 02:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.46 GB
a really nice b-17 paper model... flawless!! and unfortunately a very sad story .. when will it be released?
Google Adsense