Old 07-28-2010, 01:40 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Billy and Tapcho,
There is one on EBay now but is rather expensive $155.00
Regards,Ron
Old 07-28-2010, 03:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 113.24 MB
This is one I need to follow.I found a copy of this kit in an Army/Navy store that also sells military books. They also had the Spirit of St. Louis and a pair of SPADS. They look really good,but I havent been brave enough to try them yet.
Wayne
Old 07-28-2010, 05:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I have been waiting to see this build, Boats. I am working on the Peter Zorn Spirit of Saint Louis, have his SPADs, and recently acquired this beautiful model. I am glad that this build is in the hands of someone with your long model building experience and exceptional skill and talent. It's a very famous airplane and, as you said, a well-engineered model. Fair winds and following seas as you embark on this build.

Don
Old 07-28-2010, 08:35 AM

I was lucky to just fetch one (and apparently the only one they had) for an acceptable price on oldmodelkits.com a few weeks ago...

I'll be lookint this build with great interest too.

Hubert.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
The Build Begins

Ahoy all crew
As of now time 11;12 The build has begun, The first assembly will be the cutting out of all 12 wicker pasenger seats Will have attachments by this evening as I progress into the build of these assemblies, Last night I took the kit to my rack layed down and ingested the whole kit. After ingesting the kit, this is going to be a easy build and a very detailed kit, with all the enterier details incorporated within in, will reveal the Beauty of this bygone aircraft of the golden age of flight. So buckle up your seat belts underway ships colors The build begins
Old 07-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Eternal Member

Go get em Boats....Ron
Old 07-28-2010, 10:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 38.31 MB
Boats..this was the first kit that i ever heard described "can you believe its paper" a one page article in a long forgotten magazine..but the picture never left my mind ..i finally got a kit from a now closed supplier but ...inexperience of a beginning paper modeler bogged me down and i put it aside ...now its gone like a lost lover..wish i had it back ..so my aspiration can come alive again watching ol boats give it the old how to..turn two boats bill amos
Old 07-28-2010, 10:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Another great choice of aircraft Boats! another favourite of mine and another Airfix kit of my brothers that I used to risk injury playing with!.Look forward to a nice sedate build on this my friend.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Wicker Seat assemblies

Ahoy
First i would like to thank everyone on this new thread of the Ford Tri Motor What a welcomeing I am honered thank you.

Ok the first assembly of the Tri motor is the wicker seats the kit gives you 14 only 12 are used. Mr Zorn gives youi chance to practice the assembly on two of them before you comence on the rest. I call it two dumb and 12 to go which is translated make 2 mistakes before you ruin the the 12 others. There assemblies are quite simple look tedious but is it is constructed on folds and 2 glue tabes seals the assembly. Before i cut out the seats I used water based acrylic tan paint instead of useing the brush whitch will eleminate the wicker effect, I dabbed it on with a cloth makeing certain it isn,t satuated in causeing the paper to tear. letting these dry for an hour to make certain I assembled 2 of them already and still assembling the rest getting them prepared for installation on the passenger deck. useing this method of dabbing the tan paint will not eleminate the wicker effect. although we all try to be purist to card kits in general but this book calls out for paint i will use as little as posible. here are the attachments of the 2 assembled wicker seats and the tratment of the tan stain .
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0001.jpg   Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0002.jpg  
Old 07-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Eternal Member

Boats,
The Tan staining really makes a difference. WOW
They sure look true to color....Ron
Google Adsense