PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Coming along nicely Skipper. The engines are amongst my favourite designs, really sets this bird off nicely. Look forward to the next update Grandad Boats
Old 08-24-2010, 08:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
Coming along nicely Skipper. The engines are amongst my favourite designs, really sets this bird off nicely. Look forward to the next update Grandad Boats

Grandson Peter.

thank you for your reply on the B-24 today i should have all the engine assemblies in place along with the superchargers, could have had these all done a couple days ago. But my firstmate piped down over the 1mc, honey do list time you got to comprimise with the first mate so she can allow you to turn two on my models got to keep ma ma happy Thank you for your reply on my Merchant fleet I have a few more I will post. I love to surprise everyone,
Old 08-24-2010, 01:54 PM

Engine assemblys Completed

Ahoy shipmates

At it again the build continues, All four engine assemblies are complete with the exception of the superchargers. these assemblies are next . afer the supercharger assemlies are done i will burnish the engine nacelles until all seams are soothed out. Then I will install them to the wings, Next step will be airbrushing the exaust staines useing red oxide gray and grimey black. As to the kit Like Ron has quoted the Flymodel earlier kits have presented some fit issues every Flymodel kit I built on this forum took on its own issues. One good thing about this Liberator, is that there hardly is any panel lines that need to be matched, only a few. The fuselodge formers are not the symetyrical they have to be filed sanded to a mirrer like image to get them to fit corectly in my case I did some heavy duty burnishing until hand touched smooth. these were the only issues on this kit. As to the novis this kit can be approached without much difficulty this is one of there more easer kits to build, but bare in mind you must follow the illistrations in understanding the building procedure, if followed the kit will go together with no sweat.Here are the update attachments later will follow tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0001.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0002.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0004.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0005.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0006.jpg  

Old 08-24-2010, 02:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Great work as always Boats! She's going to be a stunner!
Old 08-24-2010, 03:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
She's a beauty Boats. Can't wait to see her finished in all her glory.
Google Adsense
Old 08-24-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStephens View Post
She's a beauty Boats. Can't wait to see her finished in all her glory.

Kevin

thanks sir, for your reply on my liberator, she is comeing along very well now going on the down hill slide not to much to go just a few parts more and she is done..As soon as I get my update sheets from Ron I can proceed on the B-17 beta build, Good Ole ron is in two instead of side by side, It is side by side by side build with us three building this wonderfull aircraft, we will have all the bugs worked out and /ron can make some money selling his wonderfull product for us card modlers. thanks for the reply.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:05 PM

Engine assemblys Completed and Superchargers

Ahoy Fellas
Old boats is getting bushed, been at this liberator for 16 hours today I knocked her out pretty well most certainly looks like a B24. I finished all four superchargers and installed same in to the engine nacelles. I let these assemblies dry I took all four engine assemblys and dry fitted them on to the wing to check for fit, all four fit very well, i was relieved of that. I gace the engines front a final burnishing to make certain that they are smooth. I glued the top portions of the engine nacelles on to the wing tommorow I will cement the bottom and proceed with the landing gear assemblys.After I cemented the tops of the nacelles on to the wing and let dry i took my airbrush and airbrushed some exaust stains I will touch up and airbrush some gray and red oxide to give the exaust stains realisym. with the weathering useing the airbrush it brings out the wear and tear of the liberator, makes her look authentic to wear and tear they wern,t very pretty after leaveing the factory into the war zone Here are the update attachments. for today.
Attached Thumbnails
B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0001.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0002.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0004.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0005.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0006.jpg  

B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0007.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0008.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0009.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0010.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0011.jpg  

B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0012.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0013.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0014.jpg  
Old 08-25-2010, 12:23 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Very realistic looking airbrushing Boats. This Liberator looks
as if it's been in combat and is a well worn survivor....Ron
Old 08-25-2010, 06:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Nice work on the airbrushing, Boats. really gives context to the aircraft. A "clean" military model just doesn't look right.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:14 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
She looks even better with the weathering and staining effects Skipper - you certainly have the mastery of the airbrushing, EXCELLENT work Grandad
Google Adsense