PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 01-28-2008, 11:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
John, please, put the knife down slowly and step away from the workbench. Find a warm, quiet spot to sit and wait patiently for the professional help that has been dispatched to your aid. Please forgive me for whatever part my ill-conceived contest had in your breakdown.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
Thanks for the support guys.............. I feel like I should have started this thread off with

"Hello my name is john............I've been institutionalized because I tried to build another Maly Modelarz card model":D

OK.........since I have started cutting up this mode..........this will be at least one that no ones else will get a chance to go crazy with...............I am going to try and finish it. It's the bulldog in me. (or my masochistic side)

I have gotten the fuselage together up to the point of where the tail gets one of the Phantom's classic features..........mutilply compounds curse to make the fuselage not melt from the exhust of those two big engines.............

This could be the point where I toss up my hands and let the designer win.............and admit defeat.

Oh..............I did scan the pages before starting.............I will send them to cyber H**l and banish them to the place of no return.....................I'm beginning to feel this is my quest to rid this earth of all copies of this hideous thing.

My insanity continues..................

My Drawings
Old 01-29-2008, 11:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Your valiant efforts are an example to us all, John. Thank you for saving us from this terrible threat...and how about some pictures?
Chris
Old 01-29-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bowden View Post
..........mutilply compounds curse .......
Hmmm...did he mean "curves" or does the construction involve compound cursing? From what I have seen, I suspect it's the latter.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
It sounds like he is fragmenting now. The lack of fit of the model may be causing a parallel fracturing of his persona so that he tries to simultaneously type two thoughts as a single.

Ron, I hold you responsible for this. He used to be so happy and normal. Well, happy anyway.

Carl
Google Adsense
Old 01-29-2008, 01:15 PM

Well, I have already begged his forgiveness. I can only hope that the case of Boone's Farm wine will help...Whoa! How did all those bottles get empty???
Old 01-29-2008, 01:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
but his spelling always was idiosyncratic ........... or idiosocratic ........... that and the stream of consciousness style were always part of his charm ........ it's just more intense now ........ and the radio-controlled blimp is getting closer ...........
Old 01-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
You know - if you really want a 'grass roots', return to the earth kind of paper modeling experience with an F4, I remember my first ever paper model build of the Wilhelmshavener kit to be fairly successful. This was back in the days when it was rare to find anybody with a home computer (we had a TI994/A at the time - I think we even had a floppy drive to save programs on by that point instead of cassette tapes). I do believe it's one they have available for digital delivery now (although I could be mistaken on that front).
Old 01-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Curently live in High Desert country, Redmond, Oregon to be specific.
Send a message via AIM to Ashrunner
I may be missing something here, but is someone complaining about "Double Ugly"?
Old 01-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
OK Sybil here<grab....choke...punch...punch...stuff...stuff ...>

ummmm John here............

Ash..........no complains about the Phantom.............mucho queja, reclamacion about this POS model from Maly.................

Well pictures where asked for............ and I am complying............in no particular order..............part #10 didn't fit part #9 (surprise, shock, awe) so I split it on the top so the tail fin would hide it...............and the multiple compound curves cause many multiple compound curses!

Surprise they did not fit right either..............I'm hoping (against all hope) that the tail hook will cover the mis-fit (misfit).............

In actuality this model designer expects a lot of stuff to cover and hide his lack of design expertice................maybe I should not say that............but heck I can't take it back now..................... and I don't think I want to take it back.

Will...........yes this guy designed your MiG and if you had half the problems I've encountered..................I give you all the amassed bonus points I have, AND vote for you to get the "I didn't commit suicide and finished the bad model" golden trophy award!

I am still continuing on..............I must let Sybil out now.............bye

Sy.........john
Attached Thumbnails
OMG! I AM insane!!!-04.jpg   OMG! I AM insane!!!-03.jpg   OMG! I AM insane!!!-02.jpg   OMG! I AM insane!!!-01.jpg  

My Drawings
Google Adsense