PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Barry's Projects

Old 03-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Building notes on my ship hulls

As quite a few people have bought my models I thought I would write this little note.

1 I allow some overlap in all the major parts, design size is marked.
2 I always build from bow to stern (stern is usually forgiving of adjustments) If the model hull has 3 sheets forming the hull sides, then cut and join 1 and 2 as designed. Trim will apply to sheet 3 and 2 join.
3 If the stern is square then the trim section will overhang the hull. If it is camoflaged the colour will wrap around the stern.
4 Decks again bow to stern overlap will where possible be on straight section or a heavily populated part of the deck.
5 If you convert a full hull to waterline then glue at the deck, a small amount of packing will have to be added to the waterline plate.
6 Keel plates are provided with an overlap up past the waterline and an overlap front to back on the plate.(I do this because I am a lousy builder of underwater hulls and also if you going to sand and paint the keel make it easy)

I design this way for a couple of reasons my hands are pretty duff as are my eyes. Pepakura excellent as it is, suffers creep in length not a lot but enough to make you curse. I can only afford cheap printers mine has a distinct drop to the right if it goes over 10 inches what do you expect for £30.

Last of all please read the B*****Y instructions they are never more than a couple of paragraphs ok, ok I have never read any either

Having said all this please build however you like, I just hope you will have fun with them. Last of all thank you for buying and keeping me on the net.
Google Adsense
Old 03-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
what was bleeped out? I cant for the life of me think of a swear word that starts with b and ends with y

Thanks for the tips! I doubt if they will ever help me succesfully make a full hull though I will try again some day!
Chris
Old 03-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Instructions ?? Must be a foreign language. Never heard of 'em.:D

Actually that's not true. My friends say I'm the only person they know who has actually read his car owners manual. I have been known to read dictionaries in my spare time.:o
Old 03-05-2010, 11:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.84 MB
are you saying cars have manuals? i knew they came with a key but a manual?
Old 03-12-2010, 08:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I'm sorry Barry I put thread on your post. I'm dumbass!
Google Adsense
Old 03-13-2010, 07:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
hahaha "dumbass" stays in....and "bloody" gets bleeped! lol