PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Beta Builders needed!

Old 09-20-2008, 01:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Ultimatum Series - Barricades

Hi all,

here an image of my next model: Barricades.

Before proceeding, I need to be sure that the effect of the age on the structures is realistic: when I print at home the things need to be tuned before reaching the right result.

I'd like to see if it is a strange calibration of my monitor/printer or I need to rethink the colors on the texture.

After that I will need to bet build the other modules:

5/6 pages
easy level of difficulty
some issue to join and align some parts. Suggestion needed.

I will send the file to the volunteer and then the other files after tuning them. Non disclosure agreement... 8)

ULTIMATUM TO THE EARTH. Follow the story in progress.
Google Adsense
Old 09-20-2008, 05:27 AM

Re: Ultimatum Series - Barricades

Ok, I'll tackle them

Can print @ work on color laser :D
Old 09-20-2008, 06:14 AM

Hi Paperronin and thank you for your help!

Please find in your email the file needed to be printed. It is a jpg image in 300dpi resolution. Pay attention of course to keep the current size so that the width of the barricade is 4 inches.
Instructions are not included, I think it is quite easy for you skilled guys .

I need to know if the age on the concrete is consistent or the color is too dark/light/color dominant/etc. Can you also see the blue halo on the platform cast by the lights?

Every other suggestions are welcome. The camouflage will be green/desert/no camo.

See you soon (I imagine on monday ;D), Claudio

Old 09-20-2008, 08:23 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB

These types of things will be perfect for a ground phase of the game we hope to put together eventually
Chris
Old 09-20-2008, 12:03 PM

Here the first three images taken from the trailer:

Unfortunately it was a foggy day and the pictures are not crispy. ;D

Google Adsense
Old 09-20-2008, 12:24 PM

Looks nice and crisp, despite the fog

By the way, you sure you won't include instructions with that piece I'll beta ?? ;D :D 8)
Old 09-20-2008, 01:37 PM

Don't be afraid: I sent only the basic straight module. Quite simple. The curved ones are a little more complex, but easy anyway. A simple sketch will ease the work.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperMakeiT
Don't be afraid: I sent only the basic straight module. Quite simple. The curved ones are a little more complex, but easy anyway. A simple sketch will ease the work.
Hmmm, need to use more smileys next time :D

Yes, indeed the model is dead-simple and should be completed in about 10 minutes after printing... That is if those darn users can keep their 'puters working on monday morning :
Old 09-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB

You are making a computer game out of this? I seem to recall someone doing that.... could be you! Sorry I dont get into all the areas of Zealot that I should with my limited time

Do you have a name for the game/premise worked out? Only a ground phase? Sorry for all the questions! Feel free to start a dedicated thread if your intent is a game. Maybe this and the paper tabletop game can work together somehow. :D
Chris
Old 09-20-2008, 03:21 PM

@Paperronin: yes, I did understand the irony. I wrote that only for those who hadn't seen the file... My main goal is to do something really simple so to build many of this barricades in few time and leave the rest of the day to play with.

@Chris: Barricades are part of "Ultimatum to the Earth" Series. The story is so a not new one that to tell it here could be boring for you. Anyway, currently I have already sold "Earth Forces: Space Marines", "Earth Forces: Special Vehicles". Now is the turn of "Earth Forces: Barricades". Next will be "Earth Forces: Mutants" (hopely). This is not a real game, but support for many other games. I don't even have rules at the moment. Many other things will be released in next future so to complete the story that runs on the Earth and over (Moon, Space Bases).

About the computer game, yes, this summer I tried to release a game (City Race - you find in my site). it was an exercise for a next game with my models, but it takes a lot of time and no one helped me. If you like to have a game here let me know and see if we can realize something simple and fun.

Google Adsense