PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Beta Builders needed!

Old 08-01-2013, 05:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
im interested in the hellcat if you still need some volunteers. thanks for doing this. it will really add alot of value to the models at ecardmodels... something i had been dreaming of. good luck in your new endevor.

also how much would you charge to do a former kit for a model that didnt have one. or would you accept one off jobs like htat
Old 08-01-2013, 05:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Ohyes, ohyes, ohyes...go Ron go....the Albatros is definitely a good candidate for the skeleton kit...and I volunteer to beta build it, yes indeedie. My building table is pretty well cleared for action as soon as the mailman comes through...can't wait. I'm going to have to dig my way back to the dark corners of the hobby shop. A few years ago I bought one of those wood/cast metal kits. Can't remember just offhand if it was the Albatros or the Camel. In any event, I'll see if I can get the instruction sheets photocopied and send you a copy. I'm pretty sure I have some Wylam drawings of the Albatros around somewhere...I'll look for them as well.

OOps...should read the entire posting before responding...looks as if you already have the Wylam drawings. Half-inch scale is just right for the little monster.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.62 GB
May I gently suggest that you procure the Windsock Datafiles pertaining to the Albatros family of fighters. The Wylam drawings. while very detailed, are not necessarily the most accurate. Try the Albatros D.III Datafile Special and the Albatros Fighters Datafile Special by Albatros Publications. Datafile 100 (Alb. D.I/II) and Datafiles 151/152 (Ald. D.V and Va) may also be of interest. I would be interested in a "skeleton" version of any of the Albatros D-types but would prefer 1/32 over 1/24. Good luck on the project.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:08 PM

Hi All,

Just for the record in case you're wondering 'where the hel* are my frames?!!!' They went out last Sunday but as I explained to a few folks, Monday was one of those no name civic holidays that just puts a kink into things. They should arrive tomorrow or the next day at the latest. Blame Canada! in those wise words of the South Park creators Here's a little tease of things to come very soon at Ecardmodels.com. Those Marek Fokker B.II biplane wing spars are .06 inches at their widest! It took at the most 15 minutes to release them from their surrounding board, print the wing and to align and glue them in place on floral wire. There are many instances where I just couldn't be bothered to build something because of the repetitive tiny cuts that make me batty! I'm glad that's over with!
Attached Thumbnails
Laser Cut Frames and Formers (Beta testers needed!)-fokkerbii2.jpg   Laser Cut Frames and Formers (Beta testers needed!)-fitters1.jpg   Laser Cut Frames and Formers (Beta testers needed!)-fokkerbii1.jpg   Laser Cut Frames and Formers (Beta testers needed!)-mustang-mk1.jpg   Laser Cut Frames and Formers (Beta testers needed!)-bf-109e.jpg  

Last edited by Ron0909; 08-11-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
Thumbs up

I got mine today!!! I got mine today!!!

I must say the first impression after opening the envelope was WOW!

I am impressed, everything arrive in fantastic shape, all frames still attached, everything clearly labeled. An amazingly thin laser cut line. 2 sheets of formers with the first page clearly marked with Model designer and name and scale.

I'm going to start a build thread on Marek's Hellcat using Ron's Frames. I'll post a pic here, but the rest will be in the thread. (That's one way to build up a view count)

Oh........... I got mine today!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Laser Cut Frames and Formers (Beta testers needed!)-pic-1.jpg  

My Drawings
Google Adsense
Old 08-12-2013, 11:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.45 MB
Instant noodle! You are funny Nobi
Old 08-13-2013, 05:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 15.61 MB
Oh boy, laser cut frames....that's mine!

I can never resist a Christmas Story reference!

I received my Hellcat frames yesterday also and they are a work of art! Hopefully I will get started with them this weekend.

I hope I can do them justice!

russ...
Old 08-13-2013, 11:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
I also got my frames for the Ju-87B yesterday. So the postal service actually did OK. I am just as impressed as anyone else with the look and quality of the product. I would love to see a set of these for the Air Dave Mustangs or maybe the B-24's.

And thanks for reprinting the very tiny B3 piece that must still be somewhere in your workshop. I am going to use some contact paper to help hold pieces in place till needed. I'll take a photo of that tonight and start a build thread for the Ju-87B.

Curt
Old 08-13-2013, 12:27 PM

It's great to see people happy! Tells me I might, for a change, be doing something right Thank you for letting me know!
Old 08-14-2013, 12:09 AM

I have downloaded and printed the Bf-109E-1 from ecardmodels.com and have tweaked the color a bit, so I will be killing two birds with one stone, testing the fit of the frames and seeing how the tweaked graphics look. It's Red 13 by the way. Haven't got the frames yet, but that's cause I live on a big Island, and our mail service here sucks as far as incoming.

I really like the Eiffel Tower, are you going to sell some? I'll buy one.

Regards,
Jeff
Google Adsense