PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 01-12-2011, 09:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Somewhere along the way I have become confused...
who said they were running a "free version of AVG"?

and since I have used Norton for well over a year, how am I "blinding myself to the facts"?

and who says I have "low powered computer"?
boy, lots of assumptions here

Quote:
If you are one of those people who runs multiple anti-virus programs, then your computer is probably infected.
and who said anything about this? is this directed at me too?

lol lots of "anti" thoughts in this thread! lol not just by me!
Old 01-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
Somewhere along the way I have become confused...
who said they were running a "free version of AVG"?

and since I have used Norton for well over a year, how am I "blinding myself to the facts"?

and who says I have "low powered computer"?
boy, lots of assumptions here

and who said anything about this? is this directed at me too?

lol lots of "anti" thoughts in this thread! lol not just by me!

NO NO NO, AidDave, I was making a "You" in general comment, not to "You" personally. A lot of complaints on Norton are that it is a system Hog (which it is) but if your computer is powerful enough, it is a non issue.

I respect your work too much and if I offended you, I am sorry. I hear the "Hate Norton" thing a lot,a real lot. I was not inferring that your were blind to it, I just have many customers who are. They have dozens of virus/spyware/malware programs, don't know how to use them, and still get viruses. As I work on many computers, I was interjecting some of my personal experience with clientele. I did not mean to single you out, just the "Hate Norton" comment I hear so much. Sorry. Here's a Cat, Gratis!! Cook it up and feed it to your dogs, no problemo, I love your boat too. I don't know why you hate Norton, but then again, I don't know what version you run. I am being very specific, Norton 360. I am not fond of there other stuff because it does not offer enough, for a few bucks more you get 360, and I have used Norton for some many years, I get it at quite a discounted price. They renewed my last years subscription for 2 years charged me for one year and said, "consider it a gift". No Kidding!

I have not seen recently Norton 360 fail much at anything. I also use AdvancedSystemCare, CCleaner, and RegistryReviver. These programs do not run in conjunction with Norton, so it isn't a problem. I have seen people running multiple firewalls, and multiple anti-virus programs, at the same time, which is a no no.

I am not too proud to admit I misread the AVG comments. (I misread the AVG comments.) I think we are in agreement there.
Attached Thumbnails
My word what just happened pepakura designer a virus according to my anti virus?-ugly-20cat3.jpg  
Old 01-12-2011, 10:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I have a buddy who does the same thing and I hate it!
Aren't cats annoying enough? without adding ugly Human faces?
Old 01-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Banned

I have actually eaten Cat once. It was a Chinese Restaurant in Bridgeport Ct. You had to be a "regular" there to get it. It was pretty tasty. I've had horse, squirrel, Bear, Deer (who hasn't), snake, mystery meat. I do own many pets. I would never eat them. Unless I needed too. That's why I feed them "Iams" Cat and Dog food. You never know!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
I used to run Norton too. I got so sick of it keep blocking my games. It scan the computer all the time which is good, but I still got virus, and got hijacked not once, not twice, but three times. I run ESET for almost four years now, nothing happen, all is well. :D
Google Adsense
Old 01-13-2011, 03:00 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Sophos - foolproof, updates 2 to 3 times a day etc. But expensive unfortunately.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodduck View Post
I used to run Norton too. I got so sick of it keep blocking my games. It scan the computer all the time which is good, but I still got virus, and got hijacked not once, not twice, but three times. I run ESET for almost four years now, nothing happen, all is well. :D

So your talking about Norton of at least 5 years go?

Read this: Norton 360 versus ESET Smart Security 4: a Head to Head Comparison

ESET VS. Norton, head to head. I'll stick with Norton. ESET is pretty good but no "Instant Messaging " protection, that kind of lame. ESET does rank highly, just doesn't offer as much as Norton 360.

Sophos is primarily aimed at business but did not make the top 10 list at : http://www.brighthub.com/ or on any other top 10 list I have seen.

Last edited by Zathros; 01-13-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
hmmm, I will take note of that comparison. But one compare will not sell me anything. I read tons or reviews before I pick up ESET. I will dig some more when mine get close to expire. Maybe by then ESET will fill the gap of it short coming. Even if they don't. If ESET don't block my games. I don't care for instant messaging protection, identity protection I do like, and I never have to call ESET for anything.So 24/7 have no use for me. Is cheaper, but it BLOCK my games all the time! I will never forgive them for that.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:35 AM
Banned

I don't play games (internet based) so If that happened I'd be pissed too. Only time I had to call Norton was to have them re-activate my 3 computer license, as I built a couple of temporary rigs to get buy till I built my last machine. Like anything else, what works for you is what you should go with. I could list quite a few Norton vs. this or that companies, ESET is right up there with Norton as is the pay for version of SOPHOS, but neither offer the overall protection and utilities that Norton offers. Of course, if you don't need that stuff, and Norton blocks your games, I wouldn't use it either. I like the way I can control what programs can or cannot access the internet with Norton. It's Firewall is easy to manage.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:45 AM

norton is one of the best,,, if i am downloading a free addon or what ever and it has sometype of malware it will detect it and terminate the download,, i had AVG and evrytime i ran flight simulator it had every single part of that program as being infected.. plus once you have AVG it is next to impossible to un install... and no matter what anti virus program you have , something is always gonna get through the only way to protect your system is a good fire wall,,, a program like black ice defender if it is still out there and intruder alert
Google Adsense