PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 03-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Third Reich History Channel

The Third Reich parts 1 and 2 are on the History Channel today. Well worth recording. A must see. Lest we forget.
Google Adsense
Old 03-10-2011, 03:08 PM

Thanks for the news, Ill make sure I see that.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Sometime history channel lets their stuff go to Net Flix. I hope this one does. My schedule is such that watching TV regularly is about imposable.
CT
Old 03-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Banned

Without a DVR I'd be completely out or sorts. My DVR comes with my Dish package. I can record 100 hrs. on it, and since it's theirs, when it breaks, they give me another one. I think it costs $3.00 a month.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 588.7 KB
Send a message via Skype™ to Whitejd
Thumbs up

Very good show...Lots of good footage that I had never seen before (and I am a major history buff and watch/read everything that I can)...Of course I was a bit taken aback with some of the graphic shots as I always am when seeing any human suffering. Well presented and it shows us how easily individual freedom can be lost when the leaders dictate what is in the 'common good'...Always very suspicious of anyone that talks about the common good...and, according to Ayn Rand, "When the common good of a society is regarded as something apart from and superior to the individual good of its members, it means that the good of some men takes precedence over the good of others with those others consigned to the status of sacrificial animals."
Old 03-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Banned

Not a big fan Ayn Rand, on the other hand, I agreed with everything you posted. There was a lot of stuff, especially the color footage, that I had never seen before either. That was an unusually well done documentary. The statement from the Germans themselves was most enlightening. It really was a grass roots situation there. It started from the bottom up. So me of the same rhetoric is still being said and heard.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:52 PM

Thumbs up

Zathros:
I liked the color footage also....Last year the History Channel had a great series on the war in color. It was good except that there was a tendency to show the same footage over and over and over and over and over. The only problem (major problem) with the Reich show was that they seemed to think that they needed to show the blank end footage a lot and to slip in black and white flashes along with picture jumping up and down at times. Could have done with out that.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Banned

Yeah, the film strips and other "gimmicks" (which could be easily edited) were the only distractions, but it definitely was one of the better documentaries. No whitewashing, absolutely none at all. That documentary cannot be shown in Germany!
Old 03-12-2011, 06:11 PM

Hear what you are saying about not showing this in Germany....They also showed part of 'Triumph of the Will' which is banned in Germany since the end of WWII...I think I saw it the first time when I as about 18...does that make me bad?
Old 03-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitejd View Post
Hear what you are saying about not showing this in Germany....They also showed part of 'Triumph of the Will' which is banned in Germany since the end of WWII...I think I saw it the first time when I as about 18...does that make me bad?

I think what the Germans are worried about is the left over "rightwingnuts" turning down the volume and enjoying what their saying trying to relive what they see as the "good "ol days". I think that happens with Skinheads here too. Still better to show it than not. There are those who still deny the Holocaust happened, I wonder what they must be thinking when they see the films. The uncut British film from the "Why We Fight" series was another one that is a must see, for those who want to be aware. The link below has a vast archive, not for the faint of heart.

WARNING GRAPHIC HUMAN ATROCITY: Nazi Concentration Camps : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive WARNING GRAPHIC HUMAN ATROCITY
Google Adsense