PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 08-27-2012, 02:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
From a couple of trips through the legal system, the most important thing I've learned is the minute you interact with it: get a lawyer. Find the best one familar with whatever your problems are and come up with the money anyway possible to retain him/her. It may be a temporary financial burden, but in the long run will usually save money and lots of headaches.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.62 GB
Whulsey, I did contact my local legal aid office. They told me they don't handle this sort of case, but did give me a lawyer referral number to call. The consult is supposed to cost $40.00. Not sure at this point if I still need to, but I might give them a call anyway.

I found out later where the auction lot my car was moved to is. It's only a few miles from where I "lost" it in the first place, so it's much closer now. It also might even be the same place where the dealer I bought it from originally got it. If that's so, if I'm lucky, I might be able to talk them into transporting it back to me here (affordably, I hope), the next time they buy some cars from there.

Scott K.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:54 PM

:rant mode on: Sometimes the lack of maturity I encounter everywhere is really discouraging. As if I don't have enough problems already. There really is no pleasing some people. The only person I've dealt with lately that has any excuse for it, is the 5-year-old that my wife has been watching over the summer. As for the rest... :rant mode off:

On the flip side, my daughter started college today! Yay! Finally a member of my family is doing the right thing at the right time! (It took me almost 10 years to go back to school, and took forever to get my degree, going to school part time while working full time). Too bad it had to rain so darn much on her way home. She'll be riding public transportation until we can get some sort of vehicle again, and naturally, has to walk several blocks at the end of the day to the bus stop (why, I don't know, she gets off in the morning right in front of the campus). I borrowed an umbrella and met her at our local stop (about 300 yards from home), so she wouldn't have to get even more soaked, for which she was very grateful. Oops, starting to rant again. I'll stop now.

Scott K.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:21 PM

OK, now I know it's not worth it any more. It was "fun" while it lasted, but I've had just about enough.

I'm on the verge of
Attached Thumbnails
Sorry, I just need to vent...-creations-explosion-troyes-france-600091.jpg  
Old 11-20-2012, 12:40 PM

I just keep building paper models while I still can, but the distraction doesn't help much sometimes. Here's my latest venting, sorry.

I keep getting "good" news, then paying a high price for it. My son was able to borrow money ahead form a neighbor for work he's doing for him. with that, he bought a cheap used truck fro Craigslist. Great. Unfortunately, he didn't take into account the $$ it's goin to take to put it on the road. I've already had to cancel a scheduled appointment to unemployment last week because I couldn't get to it, no bus service to that town from here. I just got the reschedule notice, next Monday already. So much for my hope of getting his truck on the road before my next appointment. Now I've got to embarass myself by trying to ask my neighbors for a ride. If I don't, I'll lose my remaining benefits. Oh, well.

I still can't retrieve my own car from the auction lot it was moved to, and will probably receive notice any time that it's been repossessed officially for the last time. Tough. It's the loan company's fault I can't get it back in the first place. Why should I pay another dime to them when I haven't even had the damned thing since July. But, they keep calling anyway.

And am I sick of seeing job listings that would be ideal for me if only my license weren't suspended from not being able to pay my blasted car insurance back in January!! The last one was yesterday, would have been perfect, so Itried anyway. I was going to tell them I could ride the bus for a week, and then pay my fine with my first check. To add insult to injury, the listing was canceled when I tried to apply, despite being brand new!

I really wish my daughter had communicated with me more clearly about our joint bank account. She thought there was more in it than there was but now there's a nice negative amouint, with the overdraft amounts and fees...

We can't even afford a turkey for thanksgiving this year, too many bills to pay with the little I have. Could be worse, though, at least we still have a small chicken in the freezer, I guess that's this year's bird. Not much to go with it, but too bad, better than nothing.

So, things could be worse. They will be later, when the house gets foreclosed on. Oh, well. Why can't I get lucky, just once? I really want (NEED) to go back to work, somewhere! At least I paid the water bill today before it could be shut off, and made another installment on the electric bill, just a couple of frivolous expences .

Too bad I can't sell any of the paper dust collectors I've been producing lately. Anyone want to buy a 4-1/2 foot Saturn C-8? A real bargain at just $10,000 (well, if people can ask that much for a box of Twinkies on eBay...)

Scott K.
Paper Whiner
Google Adsense
Old 11-20-2012, 01:41 PM

It's not too late yet as I type this, I probably should edit the post above, but I'll leave it to keep this post in perspective.

Just when you think things are terrible, you find out you're wrong.

Shortly after I posted to message above, one of our neighbors stopped by. He had a large load of grocery items for us, courtesy of our local Catholic church. Now, not only do we have a turkey for Thanksgiving, there is also a second one for Christmas as well!

I was speechless, and couldn't thank him enough. Not only did he bring us all those goodies, he also offered to take me to my unemployment appointment Monday as well.

I guess I owe the Lord a large Thank You, the good thing I asked for actually came about .

Sometimes you just never know.

Thank You.

Scott K.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Scott K, feel free to vent. I've been close to your situation and I allowed my pride to convince me not to vent. The result was more internal grief and no answers forthcoming. That was decades ago. Yet with the financial situation that the U. S. government can't decide on, anybody can be dealing with your same grief. I hope your situation improves soon.