PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 05-18-2011, 08:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Hello Scott. Just a thought, but you may want to check and see if there is a DirecTV retailer in your area (not corporate). If so, see if they have an out side sales team or if they pay for sales leads that close. All retailers want more sales, and they pay between $75 and $100 per sale. I make between $150 and $750 a week from our local retailer, doing part time work on the weekends only. The cash flow is really up and down, nothing you would want as a sole sorce of income, but it leave most of your time open for other work. And even in a down economy, people want their TV. DirecTV is easy to sell and you can do it just by talking to folks. Just a thought.
CT
Old 05-18-2011, 08:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.62 GB
Hmmm, food for thought, and certainly worth looking into.

Thanks, CT.

Scott K.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I had the same problem with my last good paying job. I was assistant manager for a fast food restaurant. THe manager was a word that rhymes with pitch, and did everything she could to make my life miserable. I finally had a nervous breakdown that I still haven't recovered from, a year later, even after spending 2 weeks in a mental institution.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
It is not fancy but I work at a gas station at the night shift. So I sell beer and soda and gas and lotto tickets. But it pay me ok. And I can stay at home with my child in the day time. I work before in a hotel as a maid. Perhaps that is not good for you. But there is always something to do.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keds_Girl_Lala View Post
It is not fancy but I work at a gas station at the night shift. So I sell beer and soda and gas and lotto tickets. But it pay me ok. And I can stay at home with my child in the day time. I work before in a hotel as a maid. Perhaps that is not good for you. But there is always something to do.
Thats true Oksana, and after some of the jobs I've had in the past, I'm willing to take just about anything.

My main problem is that there are so many other peple competing for the same positions. Its actually a very good time to be an employer, at least as far as available candidates goes. They have the luxury of being able to pick and chose the exact person they want for a given job.

The large number of college students in my area don't help, either. The employers would rather hire them first, for the "lesser" jobs out there.

Oh, well, I just have to keep looking.

Two weeks, Aaron? I'm sorry to hear that. I guess the 7 hours or so that I still complain about weren't so bad after all.

Scott K.
Google Adsense
Old 05-19-2011, 02:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 52.95 MB
Hi everyone ,

I read with great interest your messages. I saw that you were courageous people. Do not lose hope and, above all trust in you. Make your assessment of your knowledge. What are my interests, whatever I do, what are my capabilities? I'm not American, do not live in the States and am not here to teach you life (we all know that the jungle). However, there is necessarily a way out. Try evening classes at universities. It's easy to say that here, some would have family constraints. There must be something in you and around you that will help you succeed. What are good areas of activity where I live: tourism, services (banking, insurance), services for the elderly, hospital, health professions, a port, airport, an industrial (car, computer etc), a work for your state or the government etc... Today is the general stampede, we must find the means and assets that will allow you to get out of the rut.

Faithfully
Valmy
Old 05-19-2011, 03:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 488.96 MB
Do what I did and become an English as a foreign language teacher. You'll NEVER be out of work WHERE EVER you go.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
When I was laid off two years ago I took a part time job cleaning offices in the evenings and went back to school full time during the day for something that I really liked. I rather enjoyed my cleaning job because there was no stress involved. The money was not too bad... Every little penney counts. Since then my old company has called me back. Now I continue to go to school part time at night and hope to earn my degree by this time next year. Don't loose hope there is something out there for you, just keep looking you will find it.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
I try not to offer advice but I have been stinking rich and had to live in a tent and I learned you have to take what you can. I know nothing of the US but if there is a benefit going you have to apply for it, grab anything that is free or cheap luckily you seem to have a roof over your head. When you have done that then you can look for a job. You say you did maintenance plenty of elderly people need odd jobs doing, even changing a light bulb can be hard and others who have no apptitude for fixing things need a local guy. I know it's demeaning in a world that only values money and riches but just bury the thought of having to ask. You paid your taxes now you need some back.

I wish you the best of luck mate and I hope there is a decent job round the corner.

If this has no application in the US my apologies for writing tripe.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:01 PM

Nope, not tripe at all, Barry, that does apply here too. Thanks for the thought.

Much of what I've done for a living over the years has felt somewhat demeaning, but in recent years I learned to deal with it. The alternative of being unemployed is worse, so I was just grateful to have a job at all.

Scott K.
Google Adsense