PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 01-25-2009, 03:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Don,

As usual people involved in war get medals and here is the web site which provide the main data -

General Information - British - Korean War Medals

I obviously added the extra for the RFA's (my favourite subject).

I have some more images of RFA Maine (4) if you send me your e-mail address I'll send them to you - I can be reached at [email protected]

Rozzer
Old 01-25-2009, 03:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Rozzer -- Thanks again. I have added it, and the RFA site to the bibliography. I'll send you a copy of the O/B. Don
Old 03-31-2009, 01:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
RFA Maine

Don,

Enquiry has found that plans for all of the Hospital ships named Maine are held in the UK's National Maritime Museum which is based in London.

They also have the plans for the Hospital Ship which was never actually finished and which every one assumed would be Maine (5).

They will supply copies - same size as they have - black/white photo copies (usually 1:48 or 1:96 scale). The plans have never been put into digital format and they only copy them as ordered. For commercial customers the photo copies are 16.56 (sterling) per copy, plus 57.50 (sterling) handling per order and 8.05 (sterling) postage. There may be an additional fee for reproduction. Full details can be obtained from [email protected] or by 'phone on +44(0)20 8312 8600 - the Curator of the archive is a guy named Graham Thompson.

I hope this helps.

Rozzer
Old 03-31-2009, 05:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Many thanks for this additional information.

I am not planning on a build of this ship at present, but I have noted the information for future reference. This appears to be a very valuable source.

The order of battle is complete and the Korean War Encyclopedia which will include the O/B and my other articles will be published next year.

Don