PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 09-02-2011, 08:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 130.59 MB
CT, I'm not quite at the point where you're at, but something that is something that I'm seriously considering... In my case it will be for something after I retire from my current job.

But I'm with you on getting into teaching, either history or math/sciences (my wife is pushing for me to do it as well). But at 44, I'll be going to school part time to get my degree.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by opalmox View Post
CT, I'm not quite at the point where you're at, but something that is something that I'm seriously considering... In my case it will be for something after I retire from my current job.

But I'm with you on getting into teaching, either history or math/sciences (my wife is pushing for me to do it as well). But at 44, I'll be going to school part time to get my degree.
If you have the love of Math, and the ability to teach that and make it interesting, it is so sorely needed, and the Science is lost if the Math background is not there. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
I do not do math!! It was a lot of work getting through Machine Tool, so I know I can learn it, and do it, but it is not for me. History, though, I enjoy.
CT
Old 09-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct ertz View Post
I do not do math!! It was a lot of work getting through Machine Tool, so I know I can learn it, and do it, but it is not for me. History, though, I enjoy.
CT
I always liked history myself, why i like studing the courses i done in the past. From Ancient Greece to the French Revolution and your doing the designing has shown you one thing primary and secondary sources which a history teacher always mentions.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 163.85 MB
I'm a little late to this thread, but I agree with the general sentiment: definitely not too old. When I did my Masters' there were 3 people in my cohort in their 50s, not having been back to school since they finished undergrad/college, and one was 62! I teach Adult Learning theory on the side and I know that as long as you keep using your brain, you'll keep it sharp. New learning is always a good way to do that.

Go for it!
Current build: JSC 1/400 HMS Nelson/HMS Begonia
Google Adsense
Old 09-13-2011, 11:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.98 MB
Very late to this thread (70+ hours a week will do that to you) but my two cents is... DO IT! It's never too late to learn something new, and speaking as someone who has been in classes with "older than traditional age students," the entire class will benefit from your maturity and experience.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Well, I am getting paperwork and info together now. Looks like January I will be a student.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Go for it Ct, I'm about to do it myself and I'm like 54!
Old 09-14-2011, 05:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.83 MB
Your maturity will no doubt be an outstanding advantage over your classmates. Don't shy away from being a class leader - speak out in class discussions as you actually know much more than the frosh. Instructors love students who are not afraid to add to the class (I sure did) - and your grades will show it !