PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 01-07-2012, 05:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
I've downloaded the ad and will drop it in my blog at some stage, possibly when I do my next (rather irregular) paper models post...just wondering if there might be some merit in setting up a Facebook page for Ecardmodels as another means of engaging the masses, promoting new releases, special offers, etc...?
Old 01-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
i have a facebook page for ecardmodels

Ecardmodels.com | Facebook

All I need to do is remember to use the blasted thing :( I am trying to find some way to get my shop to auto add entries.... I barely use my own facebook account.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Design Admin

OK - I see someone just "liked" the facebook page. I suppose this means I will need to actually keep it up to date now
Old 01-07-2012, 06:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Well done, Chris!

Fine Scale Modeler (FineScale Modeler: Essential magazine for scale model builders, model kit reviews, how-to scale modeling, and scale modeling products) seems like a perfect venue for the superb paper models that are displayed in this forum. I know that Kevin Stevens was working on an article, but to date, I have seen almost nothing in that magazine about paper models.

Flying Models (Flying Models Magazine - Control Line, Free-Flight, and Radio Control Model Airplane News and Features!) does feature paper models, especially Fiddlers Green aircraft, from time to time, and there is a natural connection between paper model aircraft and stick and tissue.

I would have thought that, given some of the exceptionally realistic paper models of armored fighting vehicles, ships, civilian vehicles, and aircraft like our current POTW, there would also be a natural affinity for FSM. My models aren't up to the standard, but many of you are world class artisans who can also write beautifully, and I see no reason why articles on paper model building should not, therefore, appear frequently in FSM.

Don
Old 01-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Design Admin

I have been in talks with the editor to get a paper modeling column... not much forward momentum yet though.

I am also working on getting some paper modeling articles in the magazine - you guys do know they pay for them if they accept right? If anyone is interested in doing such an article for an ecard model I might pitch in a bit as well if its a non ecard model I can still help with submissions and such.

Drop me a line if you might be interested. I have been pouring over their submission suggestions. Mostly they like a brief overall model highlight followed with a more in depth analysis of overcoming a specific issue or hard part - think rigging, building without seems, coloring edges etc etc
Old 01-07-2012, 06:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 136.8 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutzmer View Post
I suppose this means I will need to actually keep it up to date now
That would be nice.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:08 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutzmer View Post
OK - I see someone just "liked" the facebook page. I suppose this means I will need to actually keep it up to date now
That was me.
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Old 01-07-2012, 09:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.38 MB
The business cards sound like a great idea. Thanks for the info sheet Yale. Maybe if we all bombard the magazines they might be more inclined to start a column on paper/card modeling.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:54 AM
Design Admin

well we dont want to bombard - that could backfire. But some submissions could go a long way
Chris
Old 01-09-2012, 07:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 359.93 MB
Social media is the way of the future, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. They're free, get to a large number of people really quickly and a very easy way of posting links, pics and info. Use whatever method you can to get the word out there.

Word-of-mouth and social media combined is incredibly effective. I looked at the Ecardmodels FB page, more pics are necessary, text is for a lack of a better word, boring. More pictures will go a long way.

Niki
Google Adsense