PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 03-02-2012, 06:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 469.82 MB
My nickname came about in a wierd way. I was going to use my real name which is Martin Kaye with a seldom used middle name of Alan. Thought is was boring so tried initials and came up with malankaye, didn't like it and Terry Prattchet's Discworld came to mind where there is a character called "Malachite". There is some logic in there somewhere to make the swop over. The colour of this mineral is green, my favourite colour when I was a kid, so it was a no brainer. The avatar is Lewton a character from a Discworld game. Long winded but there it is.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 24.44 MB
Wow! This has been a very insightful read. What a great way to learn about some very fascinating and talented people from all over. I've loved following some of your (speaking to the group) various threads. It's nice to know some of you a little bit more.

My nic is the name of one of my favorite ancient inventors. Deadalus created the labyrinth to cage the Minotaur of King Minos. He's also known for his and his son Icarus' escape from the Kings grasp by creating mechanical wings of feathers and bees wax.

I work as an informal science educator at the Clark Planetarium in Salt Lake City, UT. and have always been fascinated by archeo-astronomy and ancient science and tech. So I thought an ancient inventor was appropriate. And Deadalus sounded better than Archemedes.

My pic was taken after 3 days on the San Juan River in southern Utah on a youth summer science camp.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:27 PM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
My Nickname and Avatar are an alias. I'm actually the three black chicks who used to sing backup for Ray Charles.

(My college nickname was "Cheech Wizard." but that takes too long to type.)

--David (I've been called worse.)
Old 03-18-2012, 03:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 264.09 MB
My nickname just relates to one of those most elegant airliners of history, the Super Constellation, with which my sister and I flew as little kids to our parents, who were stationed in South America in the late fifties. My avatar is not a picture of myself, I couldn't put those poor pixels through that ordeal, but it's a picture of a model of the Connie as seen from that same model and approaching Schiphol Airport for runway 27.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I designed mine for ThirdGen.org and just reused it here...

Username: ProjectKITT, after my project car named KITT.

Avatar: Graphic of what the car will look like when finished, overlaid with blue lightning because it's going to be an EV.
Google Adsense
Old 06-14-2012, 09:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Last post 3-19-2012-????!!!!!!

Yep, this is a bump for one of my favorite threads!

Mike
Old 06-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB

Nicknames or Avatars, we who fly in flight simulations call them call signs as in what the real pilots use. In real life other pilots give you a call sign. Mine is the name of a special bullet which was used by my Dad for target shooting. It would cut a clean hole through the paper target. My Dad and I didn't get along to well and I regret it very much. For me it's a way to reach back to him. He's gone now.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
Mine's boring as well. First initial + last name. :D Since most of my modeling interest is unmanned spacecraft, my avatar is one of the models I built a few years ago, the Voyager spacecraft (I'll be getting around to changing it soon, actually).
Old 06-14-2012, 11:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 125.02 MB
mine comes from a name ive used in every game ive every played in the last ten years.....and the avatar pic was because im a start trek nut
Old 06-14-2012, 01:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.28 MB
Sometimes I am not very imaginative so I just used my name when I joined.

My avatar is a doodling design that I came up with as a young child when I started designing models out of construction paper. I thought it was cool looking at the time and if I ever owned a company, it might be something to consider. Since I don't, I'm using it as my designer logo.

Best Regards,
Google Adsense