PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 02-27-2012, 06:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.71 GB
Deadly Tedly was a nickname I picked up while serving in the US Army (20 years, now retired, but working again). Avatar is a wolf totem I designed as an art exercise, but wolf is my adopted totem. I've always had an affinity t them.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagolden01 View Post
Very interesting thread.
My name is just that, my first 2 initials followed by my last name. It's easy to remember! As to the "01" at the end, well, it was required to get on here with the JAGolden moniker.
My avatar is just a favorite pic of me. Standing at a .50 cal in a B24 at the local airport.

Joe
Your last name is "Golden"! That is so cool!
Old 02-27-2012, 10:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 72.31 MB
Long ago before the web I logged into a BBS and needed a user name. I happened to be drinking a Malted Milk Shake and on my bookshelf was a copy of the Maltese Falcon. Sometimes I wish I gave it a little more thought, but I have been using it as my online name since 1986 so I guess I ought to keep it.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:15 AM
Eternal Member

I really am a fish carver!!

Jim
Old 02-28-2012, 12:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Mine was easy- a favorite airplane, a picture of said airplane, and no one else was using it....

Wyvern
Google Adsense
Old 02-28-2012, 12:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 125.32 MB
My name is Bob and I was born and raised in Ogden Utah. The avitar is from one of The Navy squadrons I served in, RVAH-1, Reconnaissance Heavy Attack Squadron One "The Smokin' Tigers"

Bob
Old 02-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Curently live in High Desert country, Redmond, Oregon to be specific.
Send a message via AIM to Ashrunner
When, in 1992, I went to AOHell to enter the world of the internet, I tried using my two call signs from my Air Force days...Buckshot 2-1 and Mercury 3. However, neither would take and I kept getting nicks I didn't want. So I thought for a moment and tried Ashrunner and it took.

The nick comes from my military days when I ran from the ash fall from two volcanic eruptions...Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Pinatubo. Since I now live surrounded by volcanoes, it seemed to fit me then and now.

My avatar is actually my evil twin. No one believed he existed until my sister got a photo of him last spring. She had to sneak in the shot when he wasn't looking. Oddly enough, he does look exactly like me.

Oops...my avatar is actually me from a photo taken in San Antonio in 2007. My profile picture is my evil twin.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Oops...my avatar is actually me from a photo taken in San Antonio in 2007. My profile picture is my evil twin.[/QUOTE]

Now that you mention it I can totally see it.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
My nickname comes from the fact that I really wanted to become a space traveller. When I was 12 I had it all worked out. First school, then the air force, jet training, then trying to get a job at ESA and become an astronaut. Unfortunately, I turned out to be colourblind and -worse- very bad at calculus and maths. There went my dream.
Why Kosmonaut? because it better describes what we are up there. We are still far from star voyagers, we are space voyagers. The "paper" bit is self-explanatory. I used to do a lot of plastic models though, before I discovered paper modeling.

I now like my nickname a lot but after starting my own weblog I am not that afraid any more of letting people know who I am. Nothing to hide.

-Jasper.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
My username is the login for the job I had when I first got into paper modelling...last name and first two initials me my first name. The avatar is my logo for Oddball Productions, which I picked because at the time I was going to design models of the oddball aircraft of the world, and oddball kinda sounds like eight ball...
Plus I'm kinda the world oddball in my family.
Google Adsense