PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 04-09-2013, 05:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.62 GB
Sure could use a miracle

I wonder if there is such a thing as a miracle. If so, I could really use one. Anybody got one they can spare?

At the very least, wish me luck. I was called today and sent a link for yet another online personality profile test. This time for Sears, for a home appliance repair tech position. If I'm lucky, I might actually get it this time. The last time this happened (called and tested), was for Trugreen. I hope it works out better this time. Maybe even in time to keep my internet and utilities from being shut off.

Scott K.
Google Adsense
Old 04-09-2013, 05:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
The very best of luck to you, if there's a miracle laying around here I'll send it your way.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
I looked in my box of miracles my friend... sadly all out of them. All i can send you is my biggest
GOOD LUCK

and my fingers are crossed for you too, hope this helps.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 243.49 MB
Hey Scott, you got my best wishes. Think positive. I know this TruGreen thing was a bit of a punch in the gut, but not every company/corporation is like that. Keep pushing. There is always work for people who are willing to WORK.

Jeff
Old 04-09-2013, 05:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 935.52 MB
All of my best luck, wishes and miracles to you Scott. Keep pushing forward.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Google Adsense
Old 04-09-2013, 05:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.62 GB
Thanks guys, but I just got punched again. I just checked my email and found this;

Thank you for your interest in the Residential Laundry Appliance Repair Technician (Rochester, NY) Req#130320BR position with Sears Roebuck and Co.. Although we were impressed with many of your qualifications, we will not be further pursuing your candidacy at this time. We encourage you to revisit our careers website and continue exploring opportunities that may be of interest to you. We value your interest in our organization and wish you the best of luck with your job search.

That didn't take long. Kohls dept store took 14 hours to say the same thing to me, and I thought that was quick. Looks like I failed my test.

Scott K.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
So sorry to hear that, it was much easier the old fashion have an interview and see if they like you rather than these personality test that tell them nothing about the actual person. Best of luck with the next one I'll try and look harder for a miracle, got to be one somewhere
Old 04-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
So sorry to hear that mate... all you can do is try and try again. Keeping your spirits up is never easy, but you must try and keep positive. Good luck with everything you try.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I got the same message whenever I applied for Sears or Kmart (owned by Sears) They don't even let me finish applying before I get the email either.

Personally, I don't think Sears is actually hiring. I think they just post the positions so they can say they're hiring and look good.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
It's a tough time to be looking for a job, any job. I finally decided to volunteer as many places as possible since sending out resumes and on-line applications were total dead ends. The key seems to be getting some kind of face to face connection. The volunteer coordinator at A-B Tech now has become a sort of mentor for me. She's recommending me for an adjunct teaching position. I've been trying to get an interview there for the last four years. I have my fingers crossed still hoping to get a call.

Curt
Google Adsense