PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:49 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
its true, I have had to go back several times to fix a page. now I only post a preview and then finish it, build it and post the pics when I got it right. then I post the corrected model.
I never realized before going on a building binge, how things print different than they look on screen.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
That is really unfortunate about Z, it was my first hangout with like-minded souls. Speaking of banning, can anyone tell me why Neptune was banned from here; I've backtracked most of his old posts and can find nothing ban-worthy?
Old 04-30-2013, 01:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
I've been banned from there more than once now but can't say I miss the place at all... I was once a moderator and vaguely recall being an admin for a while before crowdgather took over which was what basically started the place on a rapid downward spiral. It used to be such a friendly and busy place, a great place to share a common interest in a fantastic hobby, meeting new people and sharing info, tips etc... those days are long gone, all that's left is a cold, hollow shell of what used to be. Watched over by people like crowdgather and that "Z" idiot whose heavy-handed over-moderation does nothing for the community spirit that was chased away from the place years ago.

Long story short: If you've been banned from there, they've done you a favour.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Old 04-30-2013, 01:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
I would like to take the time to address a few issues that have been brought up here in this thread. It seems that ALL of you have NO REAL CLUE as to what is really going on a ZEALOT.

As for going over to Zealot and have a competition to see who can get banned the fastest is totally childish and immature. To even suggest such, tells me just how childish and immature the people here truly are.
One of you even made the suggestion to "re-join", complain about "Z", and then co-opt the forum, but then said "but i'm sure we all have better things to do besides waxing pedantic".
But it is obvious that you do not in fact have better things to do with your time then to carry on like children.

Zathros was never banned. He chose to leave on his own accord.

Ekuth resigned on his own accord. Neither I, nor Zathros had anything to do with his resignation.

No, there was no money involved in anything.
NOBODY IS GETTING PAID FOR ANYTHING!!!

I was the one who brought Zathros back, and I was the one who gave him his original title back.

As for the rules and policies, if you have a problem with them, then bring it to me.
I was the one who made the changes.
The rules are strictly (but not blindly) enforced.
Further more, we do not ban people arbitrarily. If you break the rules and/or cause problems you will be banned (playing stupid childish games is a quick way to get banned)

Zealot is not on its way out. Actually, Zealot is growing.

It is obvious that some of you here do not likes Zealot. That is OK with me. There is nothing saying that you have to go there. So just stay here and do not worry about what goes on there, unless of course, you have nothing better to do then just complain and gossip like a gaggle of old women and make childish and immature comments that are totally unfounded, and untrue.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:39 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
And away we go. This thread has gone way off the original topic, and the original question remains unanswered.
This is not a bash Zealot, then bash PM thread. We have been through this time and again.
If you don't like Zealot, don't go. If you don't like PM, leave.
Each site has it's own rules and regulations. Like it or leave it,
but this thread is closed.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Google Adsense
Old 04-30-2013, 04:39 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
I agree - I have no idea why the OP was banned but its been well known or a long time that no commercial stuff is allowed. Ekuth was lax with it but did a great job on the forums. Had his reasons for moving on and the new guys are enforcing how CG wants it done. Not all communities/forums are the same. If you dont like one, just dont go. No need to insult/make fun of or run down another community. Every place has their ups and downs, what makes them good and what makes it a place some people dont like to visit, thats why you pick a place and settle down. Negative vibes not needed, it makes everyone look bad. I know zealot has about a gazillion sci-fi designers you wont find anywhere else. Top notch ones at that.

So in a nutshell - go build something.
Chris
p.s. itboice - Rhaven is a member here, just drop him a PM if you want some info on your banning. Likely be able to help you more than any member....
Old 04-30-2013, 04:41 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Ray and I cross posted and closed at the same time - reopening the thread.... I closed it again.