PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 04-30-2013, 11:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Man, that brings a tear to my eye. I'm really sorry to hear of your loss. Like most here
I've been through it a couple of times and it doesn't ever get any easier. My dogs, and yours too, gave the very best of their lives to us so we just need to remember them in their very best light
Ron
Old 04-30-2013, 12:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Thanks for your kind understanding. I go through this pain each time I lose one but this time it is a little different. The others were animal shelter rescues and therefore older and as much as I loved them, Bob was the first one that I had ever raised from a puppy onward. We wrapped him in a blue blanket that he had liked so much in his favorite napping position. If I had the last 15 years with Bob to do over, I would change nothing. Dogs do know when they are loved and wanted and mine have always had that security in their lives. My wife and I have the comfort of still having the chihuahuas, Rosie and Rusty for a while longer though they are getting older at 11 and 13. There are some who asked me why I would have dogs knowing that I would have so much sorrow at the end. All I would tell those people is "Someone has to love them". Bob never met a stranger. He welcomed all visitors with love and affection. That was his special gift.

Last edited by at6; 04-30-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Those of us who have been blessed to share our lives with such loving creatures know both the comfort you still have with your little ones and the pain of your loss. After we lost our beloved Jorelle after eighteen years we swore that we would wait at least a year before considering another pet. About two months later my wife Essie was literally called to find and adopt Roland. We now have two cats and one very small dog.

Curt
Old 04-30-2013, 06:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
I went through this a few years ago, I had 2 cats one was 17 the other was 19. The younger one got cancer and we had to put her down, the older one died less that two months later....It was a long time till I got another pet but now we have 2 dogs and i don't even want to think of a day that I will come, I love my dogs. I feel for you my friend......Rich

Very sad day today-100_3205.jpg
Old 04-30-2013, 07:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.51 MB
so sorry about bob

I read this and realized that our dog was also 15 and also had kidney failure resulting in our putting her down just before x-mas.
Took this pic of her on last day. . .cat would not leave her side all morning.

Hope you don't mind the photo and sympathy.

remember: all dogs go to heaven.
cbg
Attached Thumbnails
Very sad day today-mocha-mistoffelees.jpg  
Old 04-30-2013, 08:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 623.63 MB
I had a cat put down a few years back. My biggest regret was not being there for her when she was put to sleep. You did the best for Bob.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 145.94 MB
One of my dogs is 13 and has cancerous growths on him, we know the day is coming. Sorry for your loss.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.56 GB
I feel for you, having to put down my old friend who made it to 20 before a stroke, it tears you up. My condolensces to you all
Old 05-01-2013, 07:46 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
In Memoriam : lost pets and ancient friends

I share your grief at the loss of your good old dog. They certainly do become part of our lives; their loss rips a great big hole in the fabric of our life, and they can never be replaced.

I used to have a very intelligent, highly-social little cat called EMMY, named after Emmylou Harris. After almost 19 years, I woke up one morning to find her stone dead, wrapped around my head, on my pillow, as she had slept, purring, for many years.

I also had a very dear friend named Victor, who was like a brother to me for almost 40 years. He died suddenly in Winnipeg. I could not get back for the funeral, but I wrote an epitaph for him.

All our "lost" friends await us across the "rainbow bridge" to the other side.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
I had a sort of rescued cat for many years. A niece had it since it was a kitten then left it in a flea infested house trailer about a year later. I took it in and had the cat for 14 years. She would wait until I lay down for a nap and insist on laying on my thighs facing my feet and take a nap there. She would even sit and wait until I crossed my ankles so my leg configuration was just right for a bed. Funny thing is that when I had to get up for something the cat would sit on the bed and wait until I got back and got comfy before deciding it had to leave the room too, making me get up and open the door. Had me trained real good.

Another favorite place for a cat nap was on my chest with her nose right under my chin. The purring helped me nod off.

For months after I had to put her down I would feel the cat on my thighs when I lay down for a nap. I could sometimes even see her out of the corner of my eye, running around the house doing whatever cats do.
Google Adsense