PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 06-14-2013, 09:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Just got a newsletter from one of the local Hobby Shops. They'd been to a trade show and said they'd found out this info on Excel #11 blades: That the stainless steel are softer metal then the regular double honed blades. So that the regular blade is sharper and will last longer then the stainless. Something else to throw in the mix.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.87 GB
Just found ryman stationery sell fiskars #11 blades and handles
Old 11-01-2014, 04:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
I know this is a old thread but i had to share this, just bought two packs of Xacto no.2 blades and EVERY one was so dull could not be used! How do we get them to see how far the quality has dropped in the last few years?......Rich
Old 11-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Mail 'em back along with a note to the president/CEO of the company that owns Xacto.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.62 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkat View Post
I know this is a old thread but i had to share this, just bought two packs of Xacto no.2 blades and EVERY one was so dull could not be used! How do we get them to see how far the quality has dropped in the last few years?......Rich
Finally finished up my box of Xactos -- they seemed sharp enough, but the tips broke off so quickly. Now I'm using the generic Horizon blades, made in the USA. They're sharp and the points do not seem to break, so I'm happy about that. Unfortunately, the shop that provided them is no longer in business. Perhaps in a couple years, when these Horizon blades are used up, a reliable supplier of good blades will appear.

With all this manual labor, I may not make it out of retirement alive.
Google Adsense
Old 11-02-2014, 07:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 113.24 MB
The big problem that I have is that most companies just seem to be re-packaging someone else's product. As an example, I bought a small box of Revell blades at Michaels and liked them. But the next time I bought the same box, the blades were completely different-darker in color and incredibly brittle. For what it's worth, I'm using Excel blades right now. They're made in the USA and will last a couple of models before they break or become dull.
Wayne
Old 11-02-2014, 08:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Thought is was me having problems with Xacto.

Changed over to Swann-Morton now - much better.

Tim
Old 11-02-2014, 11:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
I'd like to know where KC STEPHENS got that amazing whet stone. I've never seen one like it before.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
SO I emailed Xacto and they emailed back......

We want to assure you that our quality assurance personnel make every effort during the manufacturing process to ensure that only the highest quality product is released to our customers. This includes several inspections at various steps in production and a final check of sample product after it has been packaged.

We appreciate you bringing this situation to our attention and assure you the appropriate quality and manufacturing personnel will be informed.

They went on to say if I send them back they will replace them....not worth the trouble....Rich
Old 11-03-2014, 06:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.62 MB
[QUOTE=richkat;453978] .... They went on to say if I send them back they will replace them....not worth the trouble.... [QUOTE]

What's the old gag -- First prize is one week in Peoria, second prize is two weeks in Peoria? Or in this case, if you don't like our product, we'll give you more of it?

With all this manual labor, I may not make it out of retirement alive.
Google Adsense