PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 02-04-2015, 01:16 AM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
Tirpitz Project?

Some days, life gets a little weird.

I've been exchanging emails today with some guy who wants to get a group of modelers together to build a paper model of the Tirpitz. Apparently he saw my Bismarck in the Ripon Library and was inspired to find someone to build her sister ship.

He told me at first that he wants to raise money to pay a group of modelers to build a model of the Tirpitz, preferably from the same company as my Bismarck. He was offering me the chance to help build the model and I think he was also looking for a donation from me. Or maybe he was offering to pay me to help build. He was rather vague about exactly what he wanted.

When I asked him who would own the finished model and where it would be displayed, he didn't answer.

I gave the price of the GPM "Tirpitz" and said I might be interested in helping and asked for more information. He then suggested that I could order the model (roughly US$120) as soon as he go "thumbs up" from his modelers.

When I replied that it seemed important to me that his modelers have some cardmodeling experience and again asked how his supposedly crowdfunded project would be organized and documented, I got a lot of very personal abuse but no answers.

You might hear from this guy. I won't name him; you'll know him by his vagueness about the details of the project and his email tantrums. Ask questions and draw your own conclusions.

--David

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
Google Adsense
Old 02-04-2015, 11:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Personally, I wouldn't trust him. Something seems fishy when they are vague and abusive. In short, I'd say no.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 142.62 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrison View Post

You might hear from this guy. I won't name him; you'll know him by his vagueness about the details of the project and his email tantrums. Ask questions and draw your own conclusions.

--David

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -- John Wayne

Thanks for the heads up Sakrison. Ugh, I hate when weird things like that happen! I hope you just ignore the guy and also not take anything he said to heart.

I think people like that are unhappy or angry at something in their lives and then sort of push that out on others.

Great John Wayne quote by the way !

Hope you're not letting looney tunes like that get you down!

Best wishes
Courtney