PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 12-30-2016, 05:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi everybody,

this is fun to read! Thanks guys!

@ darter
yes, let's make it work. We will try to reach everybody in OZ who is interested in paper models. And then we will try to reach everybody else and interest them in paper models. All help appreciated. . So spread the word!

We're located in Brisbane btw and pick up is possible, too, with appointment. Have to make it available on the website... But Tassie is not really round the corner...

Make sure you add us on Facebook. I will post something about the harbour diorama in a few days on the Australian Facebook page.

@Robert
Great news! If you have questions or need advice don't hesitate to mail or call. We're here.

@herky
Valid question and the answer is not so easy. It depends on how much you buy and what the weight is. From Germany we have good rates from DHL to almost everywhere. For Australia we still have to get those rates from AUS Post (the more orders we get the cheaper postage will get). For smaller packages it is most definitely cheaper to buy from here (AUS). Bigger deliveries might be cheaper from Germany. Postage to some remote locations in Australia is much cheaper from Germany than from Australia, too...

Cheers, Ben
Old 12-30-2016, 02:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.16 MB
G'Day Ben
I've already set up my account at Fentens OZ.

Couple of things though.

There are a lot of us dinosaurs who for one reason or another don't do Facebook.
If you rely on FB too much then you may not reach many potential customers.

I notice quite a number of eBay sellers offer very cheap postage, so it is possible.
But even the cost of 3kg Express satchels is quite reasonable anyway.
3kg is a lot of model.

Last one.
Will you be carrying full stock in Brissie?
I ask this as there is a model ( Artikel-Nr.: 273014 ) I want listed in DE but not here.
So how do I find out if it will be available here soon?

Cheers,
Clive.
Old 12-30-2016, 03:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Fentens View Post
Hi everybody,

this is fun to read! Thanks guys!

@ darter
yes, let's make it work. We will try to reach everybody in OZ who is interested in paper models. And then we will try to reach everybody else and interest them in paper models. All help appreciated. . So spread the word!

We're located in Brisbane btw and pick up is possible, too, with appointment. Have to make it available on the website... But Tassie is not really round the corner...

Make sure you add us on Facebook. I will post something about the harbour diorama in a few days on the Australian Facebook page.

@Robert
Great news! If you have questions or need advice don't hesitate to mail or call. We're here.

@herky
Valid question and the answer is not so easy. It depends on how much you buy and what the weight is. From Germany we have good rates from DHL to almost everywhere. For Australia we still have to get those rates from AUS Post (the more orders we get the cheaper postage will get). For smaller packages it is most definitely cheaper to buy from here (AUS). Bigger deliveries might be cheaper from Germany. Postage to some remote locations in Australia is much cheaper from Germany than from Australia, too...

Cheers, Ben
yeah looking at price to me direct from germany compared with going through oz the difference is not that big .on example above it was about 18 dollars and im sure it would cost almost that much to post from oz to here
Old 12-30-2016, 05:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi guys,

@darter
No, not just Facebook. You subscribed to the newsletter - that's another option. But I think you can see the FB postings even if you're not a member. But anyway - Facebook is just one tool.

Yes, postage goes down if we reach 250 orders per year. If we have 1,000 we can start to negotiate. So we'll work on that

We will carry the whole range - at least almost. If you're looking for something in particular let me know. We'll see to it that comes in as soon as possible. Will order the 273014 right away.

@herky
As I said - it depends. But postage is expensive. Shipping from Australia might be faster though.

Cheers,
Ben
Old 12-30-2016, 11:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.16 MB
Thanks Ben,

Brilliant service straight away.

I guess you'll let me know upon it's arrival.

If "Her Indoors" gets even so much as a whiff of this, the wheels are gunna fall off for sure.

Cheers,
Clive.
Google Adsense