PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 01-18-2017, 06:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 43.34 MB
Thumb Dog's un-built paper stash bin is the blessing of card models. One small box with lots of possible projects. In plastic it would be about half a closet...
Old 01-18-2017, 09:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pete View Post
Thumb Dog's un-built paper stash bin is the blessing of card models. One small box with lots of possible projects. In plastic it would be about half a closet...
As far as pl*stic, I already have a closet, three cabinets and a couple of shelves full of unbuilt kits. In paper I have 13 discs and a thumb drive plus an uncounted number that I have printed out for building.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
A thousand years from now, some archaeologists will discover our disc drives, thumb drives and sealed bins with directions in all the languages of todays world, and they will think that they have just discovered the Rosetta Stone for the 21st Century.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
I have all of my printed out - may even build one day - templates in polypockets filed in lever archs and ring binders.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.97 MB
I suffer from collector's addiction and 'OOOH, SHINY' syndrome, but through self discipline I've learned to curb my impulses--mostly from having to move boxes and boxes of books that I couldn't bear to distribute to others. So I now have a set policy that I buy no books that I do not intend to read--no more collecting. And it's rare for me to buy one before finishing the last one. This has carried over to modeling. I don't acquire or print one without first finishing the previous one. Though there are times when I struggle with this. Right now I've got two 1/600 square riggers sitting on my desk waiting for rigging. My fat fingered hands make this particularly challenging. I'm beginning to think they're 'done (enough).'

But I certainly understand the concept of 'aura'. For example, I've just returned from visiting the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum in St. Micheal's, MD. The whole place is just crying out to be turned into a diorama! Such boats! Such buildings! Even the churches in town would make charming models.

At this point I think my next (attempted) design is going to be a Chesapeake Bay skipjack or bugeye.

--jeff
Google Adsense
Old 01-19-2017, 02:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
Jeff,

You are so right about that museum! I live in Annapolis, so I have been there many times. It's like waving a 4 pound chocolate bar in front of a chocoholic!

John
Old 01-19-2017, 08:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 145.94 MB
My work buys sheets of labels that come in plastic boxes. They are perfect for holding all the sub assembly parts for a model (lifeboats, cabins, etc.) and they're free!
Old 01-19-2017, 08:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceM View Post
My work buys sheets of labels that come in plastic boxes. They are perfect for holding all the sub assembly parts for a model (lifeboats, cabins, etc.) and they're free!
i use takeaway plastic containers from my local chinese takeaway,they are great for stacking full of parts or empty.model name in marker pen on outsides