PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 01-06-2017, 06:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Overheard at Post Office today

Overheard at Post Office today - one side of a phone conversation where apparently the caller was mad at the Post Office for not delivering their things to a vacant lot where the recipient is going to build a house but as of yet there is neither a structure nor a mail box.
Whichever postal employee was on the phone must have said a half dozen times that they don't deliver to empty space, there has to be a building or a mailbox.
And apparently the caller kept insisting that the Post Office could deliver now because they were going to build a house there later this year.
People ...

From the audible part of the conversation it can be deduced that some flowed thusly:
"But it is an address, it is on the deed."
"There is nothing to deliver mail to, no building, no box."
"But it is their address, it is on the deed, they own it."
But it is a real address, why wasn't the mail delivered?"
Google Adsense
Old 01-06-2017, 06:52 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
but Rhondo has the electrolytes that plants crave!
Old 01-06-2017, 07:09 PM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Some people just don't get it.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Well, thought you were going to say a cell phone conversation while standing in line. Understand what you're saying about my way or the highway, and the total lack of what the other person is trying to explain.

Now guess what I do when someone wants to talk on their cell while I'm waiting in line, and a total victim of the one sided conversation going on?

I join in. "Hey is that Fred you're talking too?", "tell him he still owes me $50". Etc..

Guess I kind'a earn the looks from the person on the phone. BTW-I ask and say whatever comes to mind from the conversation, and don't stop until they disconnect.

Might be considered rude, but, I did not go to the place where these conversations happen, to listen to some total moron on the phone talk about fixing their poodle...!

If you want to talk on the phone in a public place, better be ready for the public to join in! I'm just trying to do my part....

Mike
Old 01-07-2017, 11:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Mike, thought I was the only one that did that. It got so bad, and such a distraction, the last couple of years I was driving bus, that the company and city told us it was ok to ask them to hang up or move to the back of the bus.
Google Adsense
Old 01-07-2017, 11:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Yes, it is annoying when someone is talking loud enough in public while using their mobile phone that everyone in the near vicinity can hear them. It is also annoying when they use their bluetooth so it looks like they are talking to themselves. Especially when they look at you and say something strange.

It is also annoying when trying to have a conversation with someone and they constantly check their incoming text messages or answer a call, or have their nose buried in the phone screen playing some game.

I pissed someone off once because they claimed not to be able to find some information and I found it within one minute doing a simple search on the net. I told them they need to use the internet for something besides downloading games and bitching about sh*t on Facebook.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Doug, really agree with that last statement.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:38 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Mike - never thought of that approach - will try it instead of my usual approach of telling them to wind it in and get ion with whatever they are (trying) to do - like pay at the till etc......

And MOBILES ARE PROOF that people cannot multi-task!
Old 01-07-2017, 01:59 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 36.49 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to bloomohio
I have been trying to get some paper models direct from Poland and what I just found out that anything mailed outside the EU from poland goes thru Polish customs in Poland and they are on strike since October off and on . I have a package in Warsaw since December 20th and just sitting there,so stop complaining about America!!! Anybody else out here with same problem? Packages from Spain and France seem to have no problem thought they take 1 week longer to get here than visaversa!
Old 01-07-2017, 02:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin WS View Post

And MOBILES ARE PROOF that people cannot multi-task!
I'm going to use this many, many times in the future!

Thank you Kevin!

Mike
Google Adsense