PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 08:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 122.42 MB
Send a message via AIM to Paragon Send a message via MSN to Paragon Send a message via Yahoo to Paragon
I don't see anything unreasonable in his business plan. I've certainly never allowed myself to be bothered by ads, so the "fremium" business plan never takes any money out of my pocket.

Sanjay himself assured me my files would be removed, and said his interest was more in keeping the threads and posts I'd added to the site, than my models. I haven't checked to see if they're down yet, so I'm not sure I know how honest he was being yet, but otherwise, I'm personally over it.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
If they do shift to selling them without clear authority from the IP owner, then that is a violation. If the terms and conditions did not allow this when you uploaded the model then you should be considering the type and style of 'cease and desist' letter that was posted in another thread the other day.

Even Yahoo goes through the motions of notifying members when it changes its terms and conditions and I don't know that there is a court anywhere in the western world that would allow such a drastic change without notification and an option for the IP owner to withdraw their material if they did not agree with the new terms.

By sending the cease and desist letter you are protecting yoruself from further violation, and also placing a clear line in the sand should you wish to pursue the matter further, until such time as you do so, via recordable means, they are pretty well free to do what they like.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.57 MB
I watched the you tube vid and I understand Sanjay a lot better now. Now for my 2 cents. If you allow your intellectual, artistic stuff etc. to be in the public domain and to used for free by all, and someone decides to sell it for profit, you have a problem. You have to take the low life to court.People that do this, rely on the feeling that the person that is getting ripped off won't sue and doesn't have the money to sue.
It is a good idea to copyright your designs. This will slow the low life down a bit. Not stop them mind you but they will think twice about ripping you off. It is not expensive, you can do it yourself, and in the event someone rips you off you will have the proof you need to sue the pants off 'em. Well maybe not their pants, but you will have the proof needed to make them stop and get some money back that you have lost.
I love paper models, and having been an artist for a long time I have seen many loose lots of money just this way. People are stealing from you by using your art without your consent.
The paper modelers that I have had the pleasure to get to "read" on this site are some outstanding folks. Free with their ideas, their talents, and time, perhaps the most valuable resource of all. I am proud to know you all and be a part of this community.
Be smart, protect your art. Don't get ripped off if you can help it. Fight back. If you want to know the particulars on getting your stuff copyrighted drop me a line. I would be happy to help you.
Peter
Old 06-22-2009, 11:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I'll contribute $ to help hang him if he decides to have paying members only, access those models that DISTINCTLY state that they are not to be sold for profit.

Remember people. They may own the forums but they do not own the ISP that supplies the bandwidth. I am quite sure that if they do this, it's a violation of the ISP's user agreement.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
I was never much for talking about what I might or might not do in a given situation. Since I have not been banned from Zealot (yet), I have begun sending PMs to members that are new to me inviting them to check out this forum.

It's subtle and non-invasive...just an invite. So, let's all be nice and cool it on the hubbub. We seem to be in agreement and happy where we are. Let's make it a fun place to be!
Old 06-23-2009, 03:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 107.05 MB
Send a message via MSN to bf109
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavenport View Post
I was never much for talking about what I might or might not do in a given situation. Since I have not been banned from Zealot (yet), I have begun sending PMs to members that are new to me inviting them to check out this forum.

It's subtle and non-invasive...just an invite. So, let's all be nice and cool it on the hubbub. We seem to be in agreement and happy where we are. Let's make it a fun place to be!
only problem with pm's is , shark can read them, there's a thread over there complaining to shark that he editted a members pm by cutting out a whole par.
of course this is the fault of old admins , software etc according to shark and he keps promising to fix it
Old 06-23-2009, 03:54 AM

Talking zflop humor

for 1 or other reason i was able to go on zflop and found this thread started by our friend , the comment by the senoir member says it all:D:D:D:D

Maico Shark
Administrator
Administrator

Terminator Papercraft 1:1 by Riddick
http://www.youtube.com/v/OsAPHPM_JJA

06-20-2009, 11:04 PM #2 Maico Shark
Administrator
Administrator

89 views in two days !! I think this new forum is going to be a hit !

Yesterday, 06:20 PM #...

What new forum are you talking about? Where is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maico Shark
89 views in two days !! I think this new forum is going to be a hit !

Last edited by bf109; 06-23-2009 at 04:27 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
Just asked Maico to remove all my models from "Z" and had a little chuckle when i saw this !!!!
I wonder why:D
Attached Thumbnails
Why Zealot wants to keep downloads-capturewiz096.jpg  
Old 06-23-2009, 06:18 AM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Ok - I thought we were talking about ownership of IP and their rights / abilities to use it. I don't want to ban every discussion of other forums, but please remember to respect those of us here who do not want this to turn into a zealot bashing / gossip forum. I'm going to leave this open as I think there's the potential for more useful conversation on the original topic - but ONLY posts on that topic.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:32 AM

sry you're right dan ,
but when i saw that i couldnt help myself :o
i'll try to keep it under control (sarcasme, dark humor i love it so i tend to put things down without thinking :o )
Google Adsense
Closed Thread