PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 06:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Why Zealot wants to keep downloads

On YouTube (YouTube - CorporateProfile.com interviews Sanjay Sabnani, CEO of CrowdGather (CRWG.OB)) there is an interview with Sanjay - the CEO of Crowdgather. Of interest is the statement that they are going to have paying "fremium" forum members. I'd guess that would include access to downloads.

YouTube urls tend to be a bit flakey - if the url doesn't work just search for "Crowdgather" on YouTube.

Regards,

Charlie
Google Adsense
Old 06-22-2009, 07:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Charlie,
Now it's easy to understand why every bit of dissent was squashed immediately - he wants to present vision of "one happy family" to the advertisers since their money is the only thing he cares about.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
I hope both members have fun...
Old 06-22-2009, 07:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I just went over there. They modified a link on one of my threads. papermodelers.com is now spelled *************.com on the thread.

And you know, for my money don't most all paper modelers use search engines to find stuff? I found out about paper models from a boat building site Stevenson Projects a couple years ago. They have a card model download of a sail boat I've been thinking of building. And then I started searching

Are they going to try and steal the Canon and Yamaha models next?

Edit:

Admins, etc. I apologize for continuing this, but I've rarely been so disgusted with someone as much as I am with Sanjay, and I didn't even go there much. C'mon you can make money from hobbies in a decent way, just look at the Walthers family.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
Wow! Excuse me while I throw-up!

My Drawings
Google Adsense
Old 06-22-2009, 07:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
I think there is a value from this topic and the others, in that we all probably have a way better idea this week about protecting our IP than we did last week....
Old 06-22-2009, 07:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.84 MB
well it pisses me off that they will use MY designs to profit off of by only allowing paying members access to them.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 126.00 MB
Send a message via MSN to n810 Send a message via Skype™ to n810
Do you suppose they have the express written permission of the NFL for that rebroadcast of a game in the background?
Old 06-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
If I understood the conversation correctly, his agreement, even if legally binding, does not give exclusive rights to the models to him. That means the best way to beat somebody selling something is to legally give it away for free somewhere else, right?
And yes - our website is censored there. Pretty sad - considering we've never really considered to be in competition with them. We want a nice fun place to hang out and share our love of papercraft. Honestly the more nice places there are for card modelers to hang out, the more there will be and the more nice models we'll have available, be it free or published by the 'premium' houses.
And I'll leave this one open so long as the conversation stays towards positive discussion of model distribution and ownership and doesn't denigrate to bashing anybody. I reserve the right to change my mind later though
Old 06-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
If they ( offer your designs for free (that you or someone you authorized) uploaded then I dont know if you have a leg to stand on. However if they start charging in anyway to get to those models then I think that changes the dynamic rather significantly.
Just my non lawyerly 2 cents.
Chris