PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 07-05-2021, 08:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Your stash is better organized than mine. Still trying figure out how put 500+ kits into some semblance of order. Do you have to check for scorpions and rattle snakes in there?
Old 07-05-2021, 10:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
That's only about 2/3rd of the kits. Got a bunch more out in the storage/laundry room attached to the garage along with another 14 or 15 boxes of magazines and 3 file cabinets of dealer brochures and ads. Yes, I'm a bit of an obsessive.

Only one scorpion not too long after I moved in, fortunately my old cat alerted me to it as she did to about an 8" centipede a couple of months later. Have found a few in other parts of the house. Did find a baby diamond back rattlesnake in the kitchen a couple of months ago, once again thanks to my old cat. Here she is out lizard hunting.
Attached Thumbnails
A new to me house-2020-03-30-20ratsie-20katsie-20lizard-20hunting-xl.jpg  
Old 07-06-2021, 12:02 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Thanks for the tour! I am impressed - nice spot.

I don't know about being obsessive - I think you are a par for the course modeller! I am pretty much the same, except my stuff is spread out all over. And in the obligatory brown packing boxes.

I actually have decided that I must start selling all my plastic kits and stop hoarding them. I am never going to make them, plus I have too many to even make in a lifetime. And that excludes paper kits.

So I just need to get cracking and internet them and score the money. The older ones especially are now worth quite a bit of money compared to when they were bought.

Maybe you could look at the same. I see you have a lot of doubles and trips - you could maybe start with the extras?

Internet or go to a flea market? Probably the Internet is better - fewer hassles and you can get the prices you feel they are worth.

Then buy something nice you want - like a laser cutter or something!

------------------

I am still trying to earn a living from contracting so I have an office which is an office. I model there as well - I have a tray with all my modelling stuff - or on the dining room table. The rest of my tools (typical modeller) are stored in boxes on a chair in the dining room.

My office desk is big enough. My wife also works from home a lot a lot so I gave her my other office desk, which used to be my modelling desk. A big u-shaped one it was perfect for modelling. I will take some pics and send them later.
Old 07-06-2021, 12:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
You're welcome Kevin.

I've been selling off some (actually for years) usually at model swap meets. Of course those all got shut down last year due to the pandemic. Hope they start back up soon. Just haven't wanted to get into selling on the internet especially through e-bay. May contact a couple of dealers I know and see if I can do a bulk sell. Did that a few years ago for about 400 kits. I'd got up to about 2000 kits in the late 80's when I started to realize that I'd never build all of them and wasn't even interested in a lot of them was just buying them to keep series going.

Anyway have a good day and look forward to seeing your work setup.
Old 07-06-2021, 12:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Thanks for sharing the images of your house, garden, and cat, Wayne.

Don
Google Adsense