PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 08-02-2020, 09:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Linnabery View Post
I hesitate to use the word 'Love" but I love the lone Electric/Phone pole in the photo
Lone electric pole? There is 5 of them behind it along that dirt road .
Old 08-02-2020, 02:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
Rather more interestingly, what was the story here? Both vehicles seemed to be operational.
Old 08-03-2020, 01:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.31 MB
This photo is from the Battle at Fontenay and Rauray. Here is a link about the battle featuring the photo in question as well as some additional photos of the Panther and the other vehicles. The Panther is definitely an Ausf. A.

http://www.panzer-war.com/page46.html
Attached Thumbnails
ID the Photo-rp3.jpg  
Old 08-03-2020, 03:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear John:
Great find, and I found some other pictures that would make a good diaramia these in Desert colors to match the Bren Gun Carirer that I have 90% done, However What is the Truck and is there a paper model of a truck that could be modified repainted to match?
Attached Thumbnails
ID the Photo-d6c22f3bcab627cfba1b004f9626eeaa.jpg   ID the Photo-mlu1.jpg  
Old 08-03-2020, 04:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.86 MB
I would bet that the tank in the background is either a lend-lease M4 "Sherman" or an M10 "Achillies". Which appears to be confirmed by John's link to the battle. Miles, are you going to "copy" the photograph in 3d with your models you are making.
Seems interesting that the Bren and Panther are both pointing towards the photographer. Which might be staged for the photo. But with shifting front lines in a battle anything is possible as the history in the link points out it swayed back and fourth until midnight when the British eventually took control of the town.

Jeff

Last edited by Doubting Thomas; 08-03-2020 at 04:51 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 08-03-2020, 04:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Smoking tank in background has the right shapes of shadow and highlight to possibly be a M10/Achilles - I am expecting that we are seeing the left side of one with hull facing to our left & with turret turned toward distance putting turret rear toward viewer. There is a dark line across turret at mid height which to me suggest gap/join between counterweights and turret rear.

Un-obstruct headlights and guards to this one, photo vehicle has bright pixel about where they would be, rotate hull to face the other way, and the correlation becomes apparent:
https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-m1...-49710361.html
Old 08-03-2020, 06:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
The battle report has an image of the Panther with a penetrating hit in the left rear of the tank. This likely would have knocked out the engine which is consistent with the tank being disabled and not burned. I note that the hatches are all open on the Panther (the Panther's hatches lay on hull when they were open.)

There is part of a model of 6 Pounder - Robotehnik has a Deacon model which was an AEC truck with 6 Pounder gun. The gun model has the barrel and receiver - you could probably scratch the rest from a PAK-40 gun model.

Charlie
Old 08-03-2020, 06:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Charlie:
Guess what I have in the to build Pile (All ready printed to 1/32 scale) but the AEC Deacon because of the link to the Dorchester now I need to find out the markings and color for the Lloyd carrier and see "A" if I can talk some one into a repaint or "B" try old school and print the B7W model out at 1/32 scale and get out the water color tubes and mix and paint, scan and print again.
Thanks for the info,
Miles