PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 08-01-2020, 05:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
ID the Photo

Dear Friends:
Wayne suggested I post the historic photo and see if anyone can tell what it is.. I can't find the photo I saw about a month ago of a Bren gun carrier pulling at WW1 ish small wooden wheeled gun but tonight I found another picture that would be a good Diorama also. Got the Bren gun carrier with tank cannon 4.5? 6? and is it a German tank? I am in 1/32ish scale on Bren gun carrier. Hope to find models to bring to same scale.
Enjoy,
Miles
I have been poking along on the carrier and will post more build photos in the near future
Attached Thumbnails
ID the Photo-lwfsrk8.jpg  
Old 08-01-2020, 06:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 317.47 MB
I can't identify the towed gun but the rest in the photo are Loyd Carrier and PzKpfw.V Panther.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
The gun is an Ordnance QF 6 Pounder (57mm Anti-tank gun). The carriers weren't powerful enough to tow a 17 Pounder gun.

The question is - which model Panther A, D or G?

Regards,

Charlie
Old 08-01-2020, 06:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
That gun is Ordnance QF 6-pounder

Panther looks like it has "206" number on turret and a hole right in the middle of front .Burning tak in background? Sherman or M10 maybe?
Old 08-01-2020, 06:58 PM

Dear Friends:
I can look at Brass band photos from the 1840's till 1900+ and note the instrumentation. I did not note that is is the Stretched Loyd Model and I did not note the hole in the German tank. World of tanks has a tank that would do now to search for the 6 PDR in a paper model. I assume that the photo is in Europe and not North Africa?
I am still going to keep searching for the photo of the Carrier with early wooden wheeled gun, very tempted to just use the 1/76 gun on Landships II site and blow it up to 1/32 and just used the living history quote of If they had they would have used it.
Thanks,
Miles
Old 08-01-2020, 09:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.31 MB
The Panther looks like an Ausf. A.
Old 08-02-2020, 01:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Robototehnik has a 1:50 Universal Carrier but I don't think I've seen a model of the Loyd Carrier.

https://vk.com/photo-53733134_456241462

Charlie
Old 08-02-2020, 04:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 317.47 MB
Coincidentally, yesterday, while I was looking for another model to build, I found the Loyd Carrier in our downloads section. Looks pretty nice but unfortunately, it's unpainted. B&W only. I'd also add some more parts to it.
I think it would be a good base for a paper model of the Loyd Carrier but it certainly needs some additional work like repainting.
http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/v...ownloadid=2455

The photo must be from Europe as no Panther tanks were present in North Africa.
It's hard to tell from that one photo which variant of PzKpfw V it is. However, I've found an interesting picture and if we compare the tank from our photo to the tanks in that picture, then the Ausf G seems to be the right one.
Attached Thumbnails
ID the Photo-panther-tanks.jpg  
Old 08-02-2020, 05:15 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Miles -= very very interesting photo! Thanks for sharing...

Kacper - I think you are spot on with your identification. I have been through my reference books and it certain looks correct in relation to the details and photos I can find.

The Loyd carrier and 6 pounder look like a permamanet combination there - the extended version would then make sense. Note the spare 6 lb'er wheeel also mounted on the front of the carrier.

I cant make out what the tank in the distance is...
Old 08-02-2020, 08:45 AM

Dear CharlieC:
The Robotech Carrier is the one I am Currently go 80% done it is an easier build at 1/32 than at the 1/50. Has any one seen a paper model of the 6PDR gun?
Thanks for the help
Miles
I hesitate to use the word 'Love" but I love the lone Electric/Phone pole in the photo