PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

View Poll Results: Which Category
Construction equipment theme 10 23.81%
Another military transport rig 4 9.52%
A big boat 8 19.05%
A choo-choo 14 33.33%
A big aircraft 9 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2020, 02:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Are there any large models of those gigantic dump trucks used in mining? The ones I have seen in documentaries look complicated and they dwarf the people. But I guess that is more destruction themed rather than construction themed.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
Are there any large models of those gigantic dump trucks used in mining? The ones I have seen in documentaries look complicated and they dwarf the people. But I guess that is more destruction themed rather than construction themed.
There are a few but I don't have any in my stack. Trying to stay with something I already have in the stack.

greg
Old 08-13-2020, 08:38 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Orlik Models has a Komatsu 830 designed by Peter Urban in 1:32, and Peter sells a 1:25 scale version, formerly through ecards

https://sklep.orlik-models.pl/modele...scription=true

and there is a Belaz-7555 at our friends at Orel
https://papermodeling.net/index.php?...product_id=151
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 08-13-2020, 10:02 PM

I've been narrowing potential projects down as the votes come in. Reviewing what has been documented on this forum and what has not. I have a pretty good idea of what rail or construction subject I might do and have been looking through my stack of naval subjects since it is now tied with construction.

Construction candidate is near and dear to my heart as a reminder of the beginnings of my engineering career.

Rail subject would be one of two possible steam engines.

Not sure about the naval candidate. My track record with those has not been good as of late. Many started, none finished.

Still a few days of vote gathering to go and a dump truck to build before I have to select something.....

greg
Old 08-14-2020, 05:41 AM

Weighing my options as the vote come in.

Construction:

Modelik Bumar-Labedy
Orel MoAZ scraper

Rail:

Modelik Jupiter
ANgraf PT47

Here's my dilemma: Facebook seems to favor the Jupiter for rail, but it has been covered in this forum quite often. The PT47 has an insane number of parts and would be a better choice here on the forum.

For Construction I face a different sort of dilemma: I've had the crane forever in my pile and am drawn to it now but the scraper would be a much welcome addition to both here and facebook.

I have three ships in my pile of potential candidates but I am hesitant to even think about starting any of them at the moment.

The other two categories I'm not exploring at this point because of low votes and because I'm not building an aircraft I don't have space for currently and I already have several military projects in mind (four to be exact).

greg

greg
Attached Thumbnails
What to do for my next long term build...-20200813_171704.jpg   What to do for my next long term build...-20200813_171745.jpg   What to do for my next long term build...-20200813_171715.jpg   What to do for my next long term build...-20200813_171804.jpg  
Old 08-14-2020, 06:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
That PT47 sure looks good.

Don
Old 08-14-2020, 07:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
Wow, tough choice. All four are gorgeous. You can’t go wrong.
Old 08-15-2020, 03:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
F7 A & B Santa Fé

Why not go for the Santa fé locomotives,with sleeper coach coming up? send me a pm for files?
Attached Thumbnails
What to do for my next long term build...-pt_cover_f7a_sf_jubilee.jpg  
Old 08-15-2020, 06:01 PM

Thank you for the offer Diderick, but I must decline for now. My home laptop is old and obnoxious to download anything of the web and I'm not permitted to use my work laptop for this.

greg
Old 08-17-2020, 04:53 AM

Although we still have three days before the poll officially closes, I think it comfortable to make a decision on my end.
Here and on Facebook the predominant choice was a rail subject.

Here is the part that may let some of you down: The overwhelming majority wanted to see the Jupiter 4-4-0 built. There are already many threads on this locomotive, so it may not be of as much interest here. However, I hope to follow in the FAMO's footsteps and do a more comprehensive part by part sequence of posts. I don't think this approach has been done with this model before.

My current thought (completely changeable at my whimsy at the time) would be to follow with the MoAZ scraper, the Bumar-Labedy crane and then into another Angraf Saga with the PT47.

So there you have it.

greg