PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 04-13-2021, 12:14 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
The thread above is pretty interesting.

Cricut statements keep changing.

The original said "it would postpone the change until 2022".

Then next, Cricut CEO Ashish Arora said “We’ve made the decision to reverse our previously shared plans. Right now, every member can upload an unlimited number of images and patterns to Design Space for free, and we have no intention to change this policy. This is true whether you’re a current Cricut member or are thinking about joining the Cricut family before or after December 31, 2021,”
December 31 was the date they deferred the subscription plan to.

Now now the company has gone a step further and has made their "subscription plan an add-on, rather than a requirement for normal use".

????!!!!

What this space. Nice to deal with a decisive company that knows what they want and have a plan mapped out with regard to their clients..
Old 04-13-2021, 01:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.59 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoti View Post
Know of a tutorial?

I'm always looking for my next "why am I doing this again?" project...

Agreed on the whole connect to the internet to use thing. Not a fan.

Cricut Hacking

Or, you can do a completely DIY CNC machine with a drag knife attachment.
Just Google DIY xy plotter or CNC you'll be able choose one or many to follow. It's quite fun and enlightening to build these little machines. At least it is for me

Here's a playlist of my plotter fun times:

Old 04-13-2021, 01:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.59 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by catopower View Post
I haven't used it for paper modeling, but ShadowCory, I bought the Cameo for the main reason that it didn't require an Internet connection to operate. That's just ridiculous. I bought an upgraded version of Silhouette's own software to access additional features. I don't mind a one-time payment, but I hat the whole "pay forever" system that companies are pushing these days.

Yep, me too. I paid to get the layers feature. But it was only a one time payment of about $45 or so. Worth it because the dxf files Pepakura exports has all the cut lines in a layer, and each type of fold line in their own layers.

ImCold's exporter works wonders too, I highly recommend any Pepakura/Cutting Machine user to check it out. It's right here on this forum.

I do use mine for paper modeling, it allows me to continue to create even though I was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis years ago, which affects my hands, arms, face, pretty much my upper body. Extreme weakness at times.