PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 09-23-2021, 11:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 592.55 MB
there are beautiful planes from world war 1, old cars .. in "paperdiorama" ... they are free ...
..what happens to me: I hardly have any money ... (It is NOT an excuse), so I always look for the free version ... (paper replika, canon, axm, jleslie, etc) ... but I do a lot of research not to touch nothing paid without paying.

even if the magazine is very old, and the magazine is no longer published ... the ONLY legal way to obtain it is: buy the magazine (in PHYSICAL-PAPER format) from someone who has it. never rescan.
question: are the "maly" models free? almost certainly not ..
Old 09-23-2021, 12:46 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
There is the MM archive, and up to 1994 or 1996, all the Maly Modelarz kits are posted, none of the kits have been added, only indexed.

It is a Russian site, but my presumption is that the people who created the site have an agreement with the Publishers of the Maly kits to host those early years, and nothing more recent
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 09-23-2021, 01:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Craft, for great airplanes of which most are fitting on just 1 A4 sheet, try Fabrizio Prudenziati's planes. His site is still available even though 'Zio' has passed away many years ago. Maybe his technique used for glueing hulls together will take some time to appreciate, to me, Fabrizio's planes have become one of the biggest joys to build. When I am down, a Zio build makes me happy again. I really love his little planes, They are simple but nicely detailed and sure look great. Use 160 gram A4 sheets for the best results.
(He also has made models of boats, cars, trains and busloads of ancient soldiers.)
Old 09-24-2021, 09:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 144.53 MB
I have a paper model of the Belgium Village from the 1965 Worlds fair . The Original copyright holder doesn't seem to exist anymore there is a company using the same name but doesn't claim to have been existence that long and I'm rather loth to build the original so its still sitting on my shelf
Old 09-24-2021, 10:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by snark View Post
I have a paper model of the Belgium Village from the 1965 Worlds fair . The Original copyright holder doesn't seem to exist anymore there is a company using the same name but doesn't claim to have been existence that long and I'm rather loth to build the original so its still sitting on my shelf
So scan it, and build a copy.

But once you scan and build, you can never get rid of the original.
You can't sell it or give it away, because you built it.
Google Adsense
Old 09-24-2021, 11:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 144.53 MB
I've considered that but held off due to its size and its a punch-out and rather delicate so taking it someplace to get scanned is out of the question. I've had less than desirable results with some large uncut uncopyrighted models. I just got a new scanner that is camera based and plan to do some distortion tests but haven't gotten to it and will post results when I do.
Old 09-25-2021, 09:25 AM

so ... the 3 big question is:
(those who REALLY know)

scanning of a paper (paid) whatever the year is illegal (for posting ... not for personal use)

..... unless ..... the editor itself allows it ...

And what are those? ...
(I'm stubborn not to step on "paid" ground, but trying to get as much research as possible ... this will help everyone too)
The models maly modelarz, WAK ... (gpm, abc, Gary Pilsworth,Аn-2 Bruno VanHecke ...etc) or SO MANY others ... which are "allowed" by the editor? where did they allow them? (is the page that starts with "only"?)
on a page I saw that they have (maly) from 1957 to 2015
(rickstef ... send me a mp)

los modelos de "criquetaero" o "Jiří Malinka"?
I'm so dizzy ... there are so many names ... creators, editors, lonely blogs, and lost pages in the internet universe ...

Thank you very much for making me see Fabrizio's models, they are nice ... (I was looking for models like that) thank you.

if someone help me ... I leave the thread link about what I'm looking for ...
Free airplanes search

Last edited by craft; 09-25-2021 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-25-2021, 03:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Any model, old or new, paid or free, in-print, out-of-print, original or copy, physical or digital...

1. If you are not the author or IP owner it, then you cannot do whatever you want with it.

2. If you want to copy it and share or sell the copy, you must ask permission (or make a deal with the owner).

3. If you cannot get the owner's permission, then you cannot do anything with it. Move on.

4. If you cannot reach the owner, or the owner is unreachable, then you do not have permission. Move on.

Thats it.
There is no other discussion.
It doesn't matter what anyone else has done (legal or not), these rules apply to you everytime.

Only way to be sure about the distribution of a model is to design the model yourself...that way you are the owner...and you can decide what to do with it.
Old 09-25-2021, 05:48 PM

sorry if I explain myself wrong, (I'm using google translator) it was not my intention ...
I mean: I, I do NOT publish (other people's works), I do not distribute, I do not scan ... etc
I only try to obtain the only free versions that the same publishers DO allow ... (example: the axm, paper replika, canon ...) and ask (what rickstef said) that apparently ... some brands DO allow in some cases. ..release content.(so ask "who?" .. and "where"?)

but (as I said above in the previous comment) .. I'm dizzy ... it's difficult to know the origin of everything on the Internet.
(like going to a sales site, and just getting to know a brand, or how to see a sport for the first time and not understand all "the environment")

There are infinite blogs, pages, and sites that ONLY over the years, experience ... you know where to look, and you know what is free and what is not (why did you look for the author)

That is why I asked for their help. Thank you very much for it.
(I understand very clearly what is in this, A LOT of effort behind each model, to be able to publish it)
Old 09-25-2021, 06:30 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Have you taken a look at our download section?
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense