PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 09-25-2021, 06:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
So, you're just asking "where to get free (safe) models?" ?

Then why all the talk about illegal, scanning, copying. etc?
Or am I totally not understanding?

This forum has a rule about posting the name/link of any site that deals in pirated kits.
They are usually removed very quickly (if someone posts them).

So anything that isn't removed from here...is a safe place to get models.
If you see a site posted, and the link is not removed fairly quickly, then its a good place to go to.

You should just search the forums for the type of models that interest you,
and read the threads to find the places to download models.
And, as Rick says, look to our own Download section.
Old 03-02-2022, 09:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 592.55 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by craft View Post
if someone knows can answer me,
I ask right here:

-There is a model of LOTUS 49 "flattened" "cartoonish" version (as if it were a cartoon) very detailed, all the writing is Japanese ... I don't understand anything, I don't know who did it. I do not know if it is payment.
does anyone know?

-abc magazines ... and especially the F1 "spinler" models
I don't know who did it. I don't know if it's paid, does anyone know?

-the ferrari f40 from "kirzik"
I don't know if it's paid, does anyone know?

-lancia delta s4 by ondrej hejl
?
the lancia delta integral 1991 ... re improved.
-subaru impreza 06 wrc and suzuki sx4 (from japanese pages)
??
yamaha motorcycles are free ... but as the owner closed ... can they continue to "use"?

... and finally, I suppose that everything about ton noteboom, related to apollo, hubble, voyager, and space is free ... especially the improvements made by greel, and carl hewlett-surfsduke

I would appreciate it very much if you answered.

about the "caricature" version ("easter egg", chibi, ...etc whatever it's called) of the beautiful LOTUS 49 from 1967...it's free:
in the page
1/30Model of カードの兵隊 1/30model

Takayoshi Ichiyama (or ichiyama paper cards)

and in his blog he publishes more cars and models among them an exquisitely made rally MINI COOPER (it has a great story behind it)
Old 03-02-2022, 09:35 AM

here by the way I indicate that (sorry for not putting it in the right place, I had published it in MY thread about my car models) that the lancia Delta integrale "re elaborated" "completely remastered" with cabin is a free model that the same creator (marek, aka "mara" so called in a forum) allowed and also collaborated with other people so that it was done "new" (more information in my thread)
(the other version, the one that includes the "green totip" model is paid)
Old 03-02-2022, 09:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by snark View Post
I've considered that but held off due to its size and its a punch-out and rather delicate so taking it someplace to get scanned is out of the question. I've had less than desirable results with some large uncut uncopyrighted models. I just got a new scanner that is camera based and plan to do some distortion tests but haven't gotten to it and will post results when I do.
Try a dedicated Printer/Print Shop with a large flatbed scanner.
They will have more experience with this type of project.
Indicate that the book is valuable and fragile...maybe they will allow you to handle and place the book on the scanner.

Avoid a place like Staples (or another Office Supply store that offers printing)
since they employ ordinary people doing ordinary jobs and are often too busy to worry about your valuables.
They also don't have the experience to deal with anything out of the ordinary.
Old 03-02-2022, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N96HBK View Post
Ah, I understand what you mean now. I agree, it's great that you're bringing awareness to this forum. Most of the time, I just search for that specific model on Google to see if I can trace down the authour and publisher. Most of the time, I can find them.

My knowledge is limited, but all of the Formula 1 ABC Magazine models, including the ones by Petr Spinler, are all published works on printed booklets (paid). There are only a few free models by Mr. Spinler, which are available on his website (Formula 1). Anything else with his name are unauthorized scans being distributed without his permission. Same goes to names like Forum Team, GP Team, M.A.S.S., Orlik and PKAA. For F1 models, there is a database of nearly all of the models published around the world. It may be used as a guide to determine whether the model you're interested in is a printed model. papírové modely F1

I think I know those Japanese rally car models. They were freebies that are no longer available because the website shut down. I also wonder if it's okay to use tools such as the Wayback Machine to access archived websites to download those models, without violating the owner's rights. I guess sharing these models would be wrong because the owners most likely took the models down intentionally.
bad news about spinler's f1, the only ones that were "free"... the page that fell. (a few months ago you can take a look at them, now they are gone)
Google Adsense